Monday, March 4, 2013

Email time! (Week 62)


I appreciate all your emails even if I don't really respond. I am just busy out here doing all kinds of crazy stuff in a crazy country.

Well. Last week we did some finding and no one really did listen to us but I felt the Spirit as I taught people. Very strongly. It was like a fire inside my chest as I spoke to those people. It was a really good finding day even though we didn't really find anyone. Also on like Friday or Saturday (I forget which) we went finding hard core for a long time. And we didn't contact very many people. But that was because almost 50% of the people we spoke to wanted to talk to us and talked to us for like 20 or 30 minutes. Elder Yamanashi asked me after one of the people left why today was so good and then we biked like thirty feet to the next guy who was anxious to talk to us. That particular man was Jehovahs witness. Which is strange because not many people believe in Jesus Christ here. And he was way into talking to us and asked us all kinds of questions about our church and he got out his bible and asked us what we thought about some things that confused him and stuff. He is way too hard core Jehovah's Witness right now to listen to our lessons but he was a great man. I will be surprised if I don't see him in the Celestial kingdom. He told us that it made him really happy to meet people who actually had faith. Most Japanese people say they are Buddhist but most don't even know what that means. So he was happy to find people who really believe in God. So was I. But it was hard because I am not used to talking to people like him so I didn't know what to say. I usually have to tell people who God is and go from there but he already knows about Jesus Christ.

In other news yesterday we did some crazy stuff that was kind of ridiculous but all to get Y_____ san to church. And it worked. He came. And we are really starting to prepare for his baptism. He has a date to be baptized on March 24. He has for a while but has been so busy that we haven't been able to meet him much. But he now has much more free time. So its looking good. He has concerns with tea and coffee though. Can anyone tell me just why they are bad? I don't know except that its a commandment. And church might have been really long for him yesterday because he got roped into a priesthood meeting talking about a bunch of people who aren't coming to church and then a surprise meeting about missionary work after church. Poor man. I hope it was ok. Its not the best church experience. I was dying. I can only imagine how he felt. But he is a good man.

We also visited Y_____(2) san yesterday. She was doing well. She told us she didn't like us asking her if she was praying and reading the Book of Mormon and stuff so we have been struggling to find a way to find out how that was all going. But yesterday it was easy. She just came right out and said she has been reading the Book of Mormon and that she "is only in the middle of Mosiah." She thinks she is reading slowly but she is flying way faster than I am. And she said she found some stuff she likes in the Book of Mormon. And then she asked me what things I pray for. Which leads me to believe prayer has been on her mind. And she seems like she is trying to figure out how to do it on her own. She is a wonderful person. And I very much enjoy meeting with her. I hope things continue to go well for her and her family.

We also had dinner with some members on Saturday night with Elder Amor and his companion there too. The members speak Japanese fluently but they are from China. And while I was in Tsuboi I learned a little Chinese and I practiced it with them. Brother Son said my pronunciation is very good and if there is a problem with it I very quickly learn to do it the right way. Which I felt good about. Does anyone know how hard Chinese is to pronounce? But now I can say Happy Birthday and You are cool and I love you and Lets go to church and this is delicious. So I'm happy. If I can ever get Japanese down I think I want to try to learn Chinese a little bit. The grammar is like English so that should be easy. Anywho.

Oh and while I was at their house their daughters were playing with legos. And they showed me a lego magazine with legos from the Hobbit. Man. I can't wait for some of the awesome stuff waiting for me at home.

Well. I hope all is well. I'm sorry your snow is going away. It has been warm here and then it got colder than I have ever experienced out of nowhere and then today is kind of warm. So I don't ever know what to expect. But my ninja jammies save me. And it rains a lot. Take care of Kujo for me. Tell her I love her. Tell her I keep dreaming about her. I dream about her more than I dream about any other person. I love you all.

Love Joshua Deibiddo Ridoru Choro sama

No comments:

Post a Comment