Sunday, March 24, 2013

A crazy week in Saijo (Week 65)

To answer questions before I forget I have yet to do anything really fun for P day in this area but today I will. I'll tell you more about that in a little bit. Already we are seeing some sakura blossoms emerging and they look really cool. I will get to see them this year. Thank goodness. I wasn't able to see them last year because I went to Okinawa and their sakura live and die way before the rest of Japan. I am excited. They already look really cool. I don't think I have really eaten anything weird lately. Well. I don't know. Japanese food is really becoming quite normal to me so maybe to you it would be weird but I don't really think about it anymore. Unless something really crazy is put on my plate. Do you know what natto is? I eat that a lot. Almost every day. With some wasabi mixed in. Erika might know what natto is. That is pretty weird. But I like it.

So this week we were not able to baptize Y_____ san. He got home from travel on Friday and then got way busy because he was graduating on Saturday so his baptism had to be moved to this next coming Sunday the 31st. I hope all goes well for that and that he really is understanding everything the way he should be. I think the biggest stress is making sure he really understands and really is converted.

Also dendowise this week we had two whole days where zero dendo got done. One of the days we were traveling to and from Fukuoka for a huge conference again and the next we were helping other missionaries in another area with activities. The conference was super cool though. It was super fun and it just pumped me up for more dendo. So this past Friday and Saturday we were able to go out and talk to a lot of people. We taught a lot of lessons and we handed out 31 Book of Mormons this week. 22 in one day. Its just crazy. We were about to run out but then received a shipment of 96 Book of Mormons. Which is a ton. But hopefully we can have enough for a while. We have already passed out 50 together as a companionship. We want to see if we can do 100 this transfer. I think that is definitely possible. Its been really fun dendoing with my bean. And he is just the coolest guy ever. He has no fear and he just wants to work and get it all done. I love him.

So yesterday there were two random white guys in church. The one was named Tom Dickson. Go look him up on youtube right now and his Blendtec stuff. Yeah. I met that guy. And we are going to have lunch with him today. A brand new costco just opened up this week in Hiroshima and he is going to be there doing his blender demonstrations and we will go see him and see the new costco and eat food and stuff. So yeah. I know a celebrity. Who is also a member of the church. And then we will go to see the atomic bomb museum. Which should be fun. So that will be my P day.

So I still really don't speak Japanese but somehow I have been able to do anything that I need to. So maybe I really can speak Japanese. It is really fun to have those experiences where my bean gets stuck and I come in with understandable Japanese to finish it off. Its all with God's help though. I can't do any of this by myself. I can speak better Japanese when I am teaching lessons than when I am just talking to members or other missionaries. Its kind of weird. But cool at the same time.

And Erika. In your email you used Japanese that I had to look up. I didn't know the word for fox or for badger. And I already forgot them. so I'll have to look them up again. But you should keep emailing me in Japanese. It will help your Japanese and I really like Japanese so its fun for me to have someone to email. Nihongo wa tanoshii desu ne. Daisuki desu yo. issho ni manabimasho!

Well. I think that was my week. I love you all more than I know how to say. I really miss you but I'll see you soon enough. Time is flying so incredibly fast. As a missionary you see time in transfers. I have about as much time left on my mission as the amount of time I have lived after Ishigaki. Which is so short. I am starting to get scared because it goes too fast. I just have 5 and a halfish transfers left. I am one of the old missionaries now. Oh boy. Well. I'll live it up while I'm here and see you sometime at the end of the year.

I rabu yu so machi.

Rabu Ridoru Eruda

No comments:

Post a Comment