Friday, April 5, 2013

Hi again (Week 66)

Well I just got done listening to some Taylor Swift and now I am emailing you on this wonderful P day. There is a beautiful little bread store close to here where everything is only 105 yen so we went there for lunch. And that store always plays American music.

On this glorious P day we plan on going to do some sports with the zone and then going to Hiroshima Castle. That should be fun. But it doesn't even compare to Kumamoto Castle. I went to the Atomic bomb museum and the one building that is still standing after the bomb. That was very interesting. I want to go back to spend more time there. It was kind of crazy to see. It kind of made it more real to me just how much was destroyed by that bomb and how many people were hurt. Crazy stuff. I can't imagine watching one of those blow up.

Also the Sakura are starting to bloom. So that looks really cool. I hope to get some pictures of it. This will be my only time to see them in Japan.

So Y_____ san did not get baptized this week. He was really busy and hard to meet with and then we finally did and he presented some concerns about being baptized. It seems like he really understands how baptism is a big thing and its a commitment and his concerns were that he wasn't sure he could live up to it. So he doesn't have a baptismal date anymore. But he came to church. And we are going to talk to him more about his concerns to see if we can't help him out. I still think he will get baptized. Just not yet. Give him a couple weeks.

Y_____(2) san is going really well too right now. She is just super nice and I love meeting with her and her family. We have a great time and Yasuda san really trusts us. And she is really taking this gospel thing seriously. She's praying and she is reading the Book of Mormon. It makes me really happy. And her 5 year old daughter drew me a picture. It was nice. We had a lesson and dinner with her at her house this past week. And I brought dessert. That's right. You guessed it. I made that super delicious cheesecake mom always makes. Except not the crust because the crackers are impossible to find here. Not even Costco has them. But it was super delicious. And the Yasuda family loved it. So did I. I made two. One for them and one for me. Yes it did destroy me inside every slice I ate. But did that stop me? Of course not.

Well the Padawan and I are getting along well. He is learning to use the Force quite well. We even got to go on splits with members of the Jedi Council (the Assistants to the President). It was really fun. And we got a lot done. It was really fun. I can't tell you how much fun it is to go out and talk to people on the street. Especially when you just sit talking for like a half hour with some guy from Okinawa. Its awesome. And it is super cool being able to do that in Japanese. Having my Padawan here has helped me realize just how much Japanese I know. I can get around these days. His Japanese is really good too. The people in the ward have to ask if he is new because his Japanese is better than normal. He is so cool.

I slept on my neck weird. Now it hurts.

I'm in P day clothes.

Also I accidentally caused the fall of the Saijo phone from the third story of our apartment building to the parking lot below. Yeah. Its broken. Oops. I hope we get that sorted quickly.

Well. I love you all so much. You are all awesome. I just learned that Y_____ san likes iCarly and that you can buy them in Japanese. So yeah. I'm totally doing that when I go home.

Have a nice day.

Love Qui-Gon 長老

No comments:

Post a Comment