Sunday, April 7, 2013

Dendo is an emotional roller coaster (Week 67)

Well this has been my craziest week yet. Last p day we went to Hiroshima castle and that was cool. Lots of fun. And this week we saw a lot of miracles. I haven't had a new investigator since I was in Tsuboi. But this week we found four new investigators. And I was so happy. We had such a good few days. We worked hard and we saw so many miracles. And we have since tried to meet with three of the four. None of them showed up to their appointments. That brought my emotional level quite low. We still have the phone number for two of them. But one is now gone forever. And I don't know about the other two. They all seemed like they were so into it. They were interested. Two had interest in baptism. But they didn't show up. We still have one to meet though. Tomorrow. I hope that goes well. I really hope he shows up. I really do. So that was that. Huge miracles and then big sadness.

This week we also got to go have a day of dendo prep for the youth of Hiroshima stake. that was fun. We went out to dendo for a couple hours with the youth. It was pretty cool. I was with a guy going on a mission today. He left this morning. And it rained really hard. that was the first time i have been caught in the rain in a suit and had no way out of it. I got soaked. It was really raining. But it was still good.

I have to wait until next week to see conference. So that should be fun. I am excited for it. I am really looking forward to it. I can't wait. I wish I could have seen it already like you. But I will just be patient. I will be able to see it in english. I could decide to watch it in Japanese I guess if I wanted to. But I would rather not do that. I wouldn't get anything out of it.  It sounds like it was good though. I can't wait.

We weren't able to meet with Y_____ san this week. That made me sad. I feel peace about him though. I think things will be just fine. He is 22 right now. He is super cool. And I hope he can start really progressing again this week. We met Y_____(2) san a couple times this week. That went well. That was really nice. She is so nice. I love her and her family. They are so wonderful. And she is really progressing. She is progressing really slowly. But she is really progressing. I have seen her come very far in my time here. This week she even shared a scripture she liked with us. That was really cool. I love it when investigators share scriptures with me. It is so fun. I'm excited to see where she goes.

I am really starting to love Saijo so much. This place is great. And I really love the people here. I love the members. And our ward mission leader. I don't know if I have said this before or not. But I think about it a lot. Our ward mission leader reminds me of grandpa Liddle. And he just owns. He is the best ward mission leader I have had on my mission so far. He is so awesome. He just gets it done. And his dendo fire is crazy hot. Its so easy to work with him. And it is so fun. I love him. I love all them members here. They are so wonderful.

Elder Dolbin and I are really working hard together. It has been really fun to work with him. My district leader keeps telling me that we probably have the highest numbers when it comes to finding people in the whole mission. That just means we talk to everyone and teach a million lessons on the street and give a lot of Book of Mormons and stuff. Tomorrow at district meeting my district leader wants me and Elder Dolbin to do the training. On finding people to teach. I am way nervous. I haven't really trained like that before. And I don't know what we do that's special. We just work hard and talk to everyone. Anyways. It is just so fun. The true key to happiness on the mission is hard work. When you work so hard that you are wasted when you get home and are wasted when you wake up in the morning and you are wasted all through the day is when you are happy no matter what. I have been facing a lot of difficult things lately. But I am so happy. This is just too awesome. It is so hard. But if you just work you will be happy. So life is good.

I hope all is well at home. I love you all. I don't have much more time. I'm sorry this was so short. But have a good week. I love you.

Love Elder Liddle

No comments:

Post a Comment