Mom asked what District Leader job is. I just have to teach my district every week and I have to go on splits with them for training purposes and I have to report the affairs of the district every week to the zone leaders. I don't really want to be district leader. I don't feel very leadery. But I'll do it if I have to. Today we get transfer calls. So I might not be district leader after today. But I probably will. I also probably won't transfer. I hope not. We will both probably stay. Elder Munro goes home though. He leaves for Australia this Friday. I am way sad to see him go. But alas. That is the fate of us all. We grow old and die. Speaking of growing old I heard that every area in my zone is going to have either a first or second transfer missionary. So I will be one of the old missionaries. Already. I feel like time is flying by way too fast. I still feel like a bean. But whatever. 楽しくがんばりましょう!。
So I thought of a good theme for our zone next transfer. But I am not zone leader so I don't get to decide but I suggested it to my zone leader. So maybe. But here it is. 日本が福音的に爆発するように楽しく頑張りましょう。Can anyone read that? Nihon ga fukuinteki ni bakuhatsu suru youni tanoshiku ganbarimashou. It doesn't translate to English very well. That's the part I'm most proud of. I thought of it in Japanese. It means lets work really funly hard so Japan blows up in a gospel-like fashion. Yeah. Its pretty cool right? And it has connections with Ishigaki that I don't want to take the time to explain here.
So this past week I had p day on Saturday but couldn't email so I am doing that today. We went to a baseball game. The Hiroshima Carp. It was so fun. Kind of weird. And the Carp didn't win. But it was super fun. I think I am developing a like for baseball. Its super huge here. I also went on splits with the zone leaders for like four days. So I didn't spend much time in Saijo. But I will this week. Assuming I don't get transferred. Which I am going to assume. So that was exciting. I am really getting to know the zone leader area. I hope that doesn't mean they will make me zone leader sometime. God seems to like to prepare people for stuff but I am just hoping this is a coincidence. Well. It was a crazy week.
Y_____ san really likes the Book of Mormon and she kind of was disappointed when we visited her and we didn't have a scripture prepared to go along with the commandment we taught. And she asked us to prepare one for next time. She is so cool. And she is progressing quite well. I am so excited. I love these people. We got to meet H_____ again. And he said he would try to read the Book of Mormon and pray every day to see if God is really there. And his first prayer was given right in front of us. It was so good. I really felt the spirit. And Elder Dolbin and our member, Sister Miwa, who is going to the new Japan Tokyo South mission in July, both said they almost started crying in his prayer. It was cool. I hope he can really start feeling the spirit soon. And we met with K_____ san who is the mom we found a couple weeks ago who has some interest. We tried to teach her but as we really started to get going with teaching and answering her question things went crazy and just spiraled out of control and she said she had to take care of her kid and we had to leave but to come back another time. It was Satan. He was getting in the way. Which means she is probably going to benefit from hearing what we have. So we will keep trying.
Well. Dendo is going good here. I am having lots of fun. It is starting to get too hot for suits but we can't take them off until the 30th. But then some days its too cold and I want a coat. Like when it rains. The baseball game rained the whole time and I was in shorts with just a shirt and a poncho thing that I bought. Holy smokes it was cold. But fun. Anywho. Thank you for everything you do for me. I appreciate your prayers. Keep them coming. We are seeing miracles because of them. Its blessing a lot of lives.
Also just one real quick thing. This morning I was on the phone with a sister in the ward and before we hung up she went out of the way of the conversation to tell me that my Japanese is super good right now. That during that phone call my Japanese was better than normal. I didn't feel that way but I guess I am making progress. So that made me happy. I can't describe to you how hard this language is to speak. But I slowly continue to make progress.
Well. I love you. Have a good week.
Love Elder Riddle
No comments:
Post a Comment