Firstly let me just say that you people need to appreciate the snow you get. I haven't had snow in like two years. It "snows" here but it all melts away before we ever have a chance to leave the apartment. And that was only like twice last transfer. I miss snow. So you have to enjoy it for me.
Well this week was another week. We spent some time with the same member today as we did last week. We really just went out to eat and look around a mall last week. And I bought another cane. I left my last one in Tsuboi because it was too hard to carry onto the Shinkansen with all of my bags. I've been hurting for another one and just barely got it. I fear my physical condition is still progressing toward low quality status. Low quality to iu ka. Toilet quality. I may end up losing my legs. Or getting paralyzed or something. You never know. I just don't quite know how I will last until November. But somehow I will make it I guess. I called the doctor again after doing what he told me to do for a month. He told me to do an exercise every day that I was doing when I was only talking to President about it. And he told me to double my intake of painkillers. And then to call him in another month. Mom. You know how I always told you ibuprofen never worked on me? Well its still true. Even taking as much as I am now I feel no difference. The doctor even said to me that the pain probably won't go all the way away and that I will just have to ganbaru. Ganbaru means like hang in there or fight through it. It doesn't sound like I am ever going to be able to actually go to a doctor. Just the phone Doctor. Sitting cozy in his blue police box in Tokyo. I'm not sure if he realizes how much it actually hurts but I've got another month before I can talk to him again so all I can do is ganbaru. But I'll probably be fine. Don't worry too much about me. I'm just joining the elderly a little prematurely.
So we went on splits with the zone leaders this week and I was with the new zone leader and companion to Elder Amor named Elder Clayton. That was pretty good. We went to teach our investigator Y_____ san. He is 22 and is pretty cool. That lesson went really well. And we got him to agree to go to church. And then the member we have been hanging out with agreed to drive him because its so far. This member is Tongan and hasn't been to church in over 10 years. So we were really excited to get him to come to church. And our investigator named Y_____(2) san said she would probably show up to church with her three children because she was already going to be in the area. And then our Tongan friend couldn't come and then we couldn't get a hold of Y_____ san and then Y_____(2) san called and said she wasn't going to church so we didn't have anyone come. That was a real bummer. We were so close to having everyone in the whole world there and then none of them came.
Things in Saijo aren't all negative. The Eikaiwa is growing a little bit and the students really seem to have a good time. I learned valuable Eikaiwa skills in Tsuboi that I have brought here and now people really enjoy Eikaiwa. And we might see some stuff happen there if we can really get members more involved in Eikaiwa. That's the hard part here though. All of the members live in Hiroshima city. I live in Higashi Hiroshima. A forty minute train ride from the church. Almost no members live in Saijo so there are only a few choices out there for Eikaiwa participants. But we'll work with it.
In other news my companion is far too kind to me. He is just always kind in how he speaks even when he is having a hard time. And he is really good at how he shows his love to the members. I think everyone in the ward knows Elder Yamanashi loves them. He's a really great guy.
I have not been to this museum dad speaks of. I'm not sure where it is but I'll try to find it and go. That sounds like a good p day activity.
And today I had strawberry yukimi daifuku. That's the ice cream inside the pounded rice stuff. It was so delicious. I also had chocolate last week. That was good too. But I think strawberry is the best kind. Strawberry or vanilla.
And today I ate steak for the first time in a really long time. Yeah. That destroyed me inside. I spent sometime with the toilet after that one. My body just can't handle meat like it used to. I almost never eat it but when I get a lot in me it just doesn't agree with me. I don't know what to do about it. When I go back to the United States I think I will have a rough time adjusting. Unless I just eat Japanese food all the time. That could be fun. But don't expect me to do any cooking. I am a lost cause when it comes to the art of cooking. Give me rice and raw fish and seaweed and then I can make you something. But that is it. Is there real rice in America? I sure hope so. I really like the rice here. Yesterday I made the rice which really doesn't require any effort at all but when we ate it Elder Yamanashi said it tasted really good and he could tell I made it with love for sure. Anyways.
Well everyone. I'm going to go start a new week. Ganbaro ne.
Love Elderly Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment