Sunday, February 17, 2013

Just real quick (Week 60)

I don't have much time today because we are going to spend time with a member today. Just kind of a have fun together on P day thing.

This past week was pretty good I guess. I am warming up to Saijo a little better. And I'm still here with Yamanashi 長老 so I am doing well. He is always just a great guy. We visited a member and an investigator yesterday with another member named Brother Yoshinaka. He was cool. And Elder Yamanashi said he speaks english so I will be just fine. Which I didn't believe because Yamanashi 長老 tells me everyone speaks English and they really don't. But when we were teaching our investigators kids english they were talking about how hard it is and then Yoshinaka 兄弟 said I didn't do anything special. I just did things like watch tele. In perfect British pronunciation. What?! Are you kidding me? He has a British accent and his English is perfect. I couldn't stop thinking about the Doctor. I have met many Japanese people who learned English in England or Australia but they all sound the same. They just sound Japanese. But this man has a British accent. He got his phd from Oxford. He studies old English literature. His English is probably better than mine. That was the highlight of my week.

Also the cars in Japan have really funny names sometimes. You always see the usuall Prius or the Cube but sometimes you find some other ones. Like the truck as big as my bug called Guts. Or the little car called That's. I have no idea what that one is supposed to mean. And my personal favorite. The tiny van called Scrum. I got to ride in one of those this week. And I busted up laughing when I saw the name as it drove away. Scrum.

Well that's about all the time I have. I love you all very much. I hope you are all doing well. I want to know how Kujo learned to get into the other yard. I feel like that shouldn't be possible.

And in other news. Kujo's name in Japanese means exterminate. Well it means extermination. But I like to think it means exterminate. Just thought that was a nice bit of random information that made me think of Doctor Who this week.

Love Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment