Sunday, July 7, 2013

Transfer calls! kind of... (Week 80)

Well everyone. This transfer will be coming to a close on July 18. And transfer calls will be on July 16 just like normal. But what is less than normal is that I half received my transfer call already. I was called a few days ago by one of the assistants to the president late at night and he told me that I was going to transfer on the 18th. But I don't know where yet. The reason he called me so early is because President wants me to become a zone leader. And tomorrow all the zone leaders and new zone leaders will go to Fukuoka for a meeting with President. So. Its not 100% until the day of. Anything can change. But probably not. I am going to be zone leader somewhere next transfer. Probably until the end of my mission. I am quite nervous. Zone leader has a lot of responsibility and is very involved in the workings of the mission. But whatever. I'll do anything President asks me to do. But it means I'll have to leave Saijo. I really don't want to. It is too wonderful here.

I will put forth my one last request to not have a package sent to me. You put too much money in my account for a package too. Besides. I want to send a package home before I transfer and sending so many packages back and forth gets confusing and then we can't remember who sent what package to who and its just a big hairy mess. So you should just not send one. :) Yoroshiku.

We didn't get to meet with as many investigators as I would have liked this week. But whatever. I guess that's just how Japan is. Too busy. But we met with G_____. And it was awesome. He is praying really hard to know if this is real. And he really wants to know. So please pray with all of your hearts that this beautiful man will get and recognize an answer to his sincere prayers. He is so important.

We also got a new investigator from Eikaiwa this week. We taught her with our Eikaiwa coordinator because they are good friends and he used to teach her in junior high. Her name is Y_____. And it was  my first lesson inside the church since coming to Saijo. And it was awesome. We will teach her again this week. She's 18 just so you know.

Also we taught the whole T_____ family. I haven't talked much about them recently. Brother T_____ takes us out to eat a lot. And on his rugby team a new tongan moved in who is less active right now but he served a mission a few years ago. So we had him there and Brother T_____'s whole family together for dinner which was huge and then a lesson on eternal families and temples. And it was awesome. And we asked J_____, the new guy, to participate in the lesson before hand and he gave a great portion of the lesson showing me up with his knowledge of the bible. I really need to read more of that book. It was just so awesome. I have never taught a whole big family like that before. And it was so fun. And they said we can teach them again.

I miss Utah. You said you had that day where you were sweating like crazy until the sun went down. I don't mean to one up you but I don't stop sweating until I get into the one room in my apartment with an air conditioner. You just sweat all the time here. From places you never knew could sweat. I love Japan. But the humidity and their intensely horrible way of doing ac is just not acceptable. I think I will live in Utah forever.

Well I am going to go have a good p day now. And buy a nice piece of wrist clothing. Have a good day all you beautiful little souls.

Love Elder Liddle

No comments:

Post a Comment