Monday, July 22, 2013

I got me a crazy job. (Week 82)

So to clear up confusion every zone has two zone leaders. They are companions. Because the job is pretty big and busy. But I am not companions with the other zone leader. I am just living with him. And both of our companions are beans. So we are both zone leader/trainers. Which are both jobs that require a fair amount of focus. Its been nuts. And I was only given one week to learn this area and now I have to teach it to 5 missionaries new to this area. So it has been way crazy. And hard. And stressful. This morning has already just been full of so much stuff I have to do. I haven't even had the opportunity to sit back and think about being 22. I might just do that when I get home or something. It sounds like you have had a crazy morning too. Ganbatte. So yeah. I am just busy. And I might be stuck with this job until I go home. We'll see.

So my new companion is named Elder Braswell from Ohio. I live with Elder Eckman from Idaho and his new missionary Elder Nartker also from Idaho. I had to organize how everyone got to their areas because I was the only zone leader here for about a day. And then Elder Eckman didn't show up with all the new missionaries and the new sisters weren't there either. So I had fun with that and figured it out. And now everyone is safe and sound in their sorezore no areas.

I feel like I have two companions because I am with Elder Braswell by default and I am with Elder Eckman all the time trying to figure out how to be a zone leader and figuring out what to do and stuff. So that has been interesting. Its been fun. I have been having a good time. I just always feel lost.

We have only one investigator. His name is R_____ from Peru. I don't know if I said anything about him before. I can't remember. He came to church yesterday so that was cool. I don't know if he is really that interested right now but he is our only one right now and he did say he had some interest. So I hope to see some cool stuff there.

Last night we had dinner with a chinese recent convert and her nonmember husband and mother and friend. It was way fun. The husband sat by me and I was all nervous that he was going to be weird because we are religious people but I totally had an awesome time just talking to him for a long time. I also got to blow their minds with all of my Chinese knowledge. I have been studying. So it was just fun. And maybe there is some potential with her husband.

I have one fear. I am afraid that I am not spending enough time focusing on my bean right now. It has been such a stress to learn the area and do all of my zone leader duties that I haven't had much time to even just sit and talk with him. So I hope he is ok and stuff. I just don't know. I know he must be stressed and stuff because this is all new to him. So I hope I can still be a good trainer to him.

Well. That has been my week I guess. I hope to have a good p day today but maybe I'll just work instead. Its more productive. P days are overrated anyway. I have already seen everything there is to see in Hiroshima.

I love you all. I am having a good time trying to figure everything out and I am just ready to go party and dendo and party dendo. Have a wonderful day.

Love Elder Birthday Boy

p.s. I'm 22 on the 22nd!

No comments:

Post a Comment