Hello. It has been an exciting week I suppose. I wasn't able to get anything done this week and we only got to meet two investigators. We spent a lot of time a 40 minute train ride away in the zone leaders area. We had lots to do with the members of the ward. Which was really nice. We don't get to do much member work in Saijo. There are only 4 active members. And next month one is moving back to China for good. So we just can't get it done. But we have decided to go to the other area to visit the members of our ward maybe once a week. We did last week and it was very rewarding. We recieved a lot of food. :) But not only that it was good for us and for them to visit. We all felt good after and it was just good. And we have kind of got them a little more involved in our dendo in Saijo even though they live so far away. So it will be good for all of us. I love those members. And it seemed like they don't get visited very much. I think maybe the zone leaders are really busy and don't get to visit members as much as they like. So we will pick up some of the slack there.
We met with G_____ this week. And it was awesome. G_____ is so wonderful. We talked about a lot of his concerns. He is just so worried about his faith. He really wants to know this is right and he wants to know when he will know. So we helped him out. And we talked about baptism with him. And going to church. And we set a baptismal date with him. August 17, 2013. And he said he really wants to go to church so he is talking to his boss to get the time off. He is just so awesome. And I feel like this is the most legit baptismal date I have had since Tsuboi. And after that lesson he just seemed so relieved like he knew where he was going and what we were going to do to help him and stuff. It was just good. G_____ is so amazing. I love him so much. And he has been teaching me a little Chinese. I can now start and end my prayers in Chinese.
Also we had G_____'s lesson outside a little cafe thing at Hiroshima University. And a few tables away there were a few Americans. And they were talking and laughing loudly. And it was quite disgusting. They were just gross people. Luckily they got quiet for the more important parts of the lesson. But it was just weird. I haven't heard language like that for a very long time. Or such loud people. Japanese people are so quiet and considerate. And anyone I speak to in English doesn't know bad English or they are missionaries. And if Japanese people do say bad things then I usually don't understand it. So it was a big surprise to me. Very weird. I'm glad G_____'s English isn't very good. There is no way he would have understood so his ability to feel the Spirit seemed uninterrupted.
I watched that big mission meeting thing yesterday where they talked about the internet and stuff. Elder Perry said that we would be informed when it was time for our mission and specific areas to start doing such things so for the time being I am going to sit and wait. We will see. I think its a great idea. We need to get more creative with our ways of dendo. I hope to see success from such dendo. And its good dendo because members can do it too. Members really need to get on the ball. The most successful dendo is when members help the missionaries and do their own dendo with their friends.
I appreciate your kindness for the money for cool stuff. There is something here that I feel would be a cool souvenir from my mission. I have been looking around for stacking dolls for my whole mission. And I have not seen any. They have all kinds of dolls around here. And some that are really cool and almost look like stacking dolls. But no actual stacking ones yet. So I don't know about that one. And the next time I get transferred I plan on going to Ishigaki so there isn't much there as far as dolls go. Sorry. I know one place that sells some cool ones for like 10 bucks though in Hiroshima. But Ishigaki just has Shisa and stuff.
The heat and humidity here is death.
Do you remember the Kiribayashi fam? They emailed you that picture of us when I went over a few months ago. They have a chihuahua. And I got to eat at their house on Saturday. And their dog is so cute. Choco is the name. Choco chan. He is so cute. And he loves me now. Because I already have a chihuahua and I know how to take care of them. So he loves me so much now. It made me really miss Kujo. I still dream about her all the time.
Well. Dendo rocks. I love it. Its way hard and quite the emotional roller coaster. But it is awesome. I love being a missionary.
Have a good week.
Love Josh
No comments:
Post a Comment