Well. Firstly I had the opportunity to go to another Hiroshima Carp baseball game on Saturday. And this time it was really sunny instead of rainy. I was wearing shorts. Which felt good to bike in. And I put on sun screen. Except I forgot my legs. And now my knees are severely burned. But its all good. I don't really need to touch them very much. And I decided what I need to bring back home from Japan. I need one of the Hiroshima Carp G-Shock watches. 150 bucks. Yoroshiku. Which doesn't translate very easy to english but basically means that I need you to put that money into my account and I am saying please but the polite form is yoroshiku onegai shimasu so I am being quite casual with you and I am kind of saying it like you have no choice. So yoroshiku ne.
Nextly last Monday we went streeting by Hiroshima University. We focus a lot of time there because young people listen much more. And we ran into a chinese guy that really doesn't speak Japanese very much at all and kind of speaks English. His name is G_____. Well that's the name he chose. His real name is G_____ M_____. And while we were talking to him his wife biked up. And she was the nicest person I have ever met. She was the kindest and most sincere person I have ever seen in my entire life. And we exchanged phone numbers with G_____ and then met him twice since then. And he is so wonderful. He said China doesn't believe anything and he thinks that is bad and he really wants to believe something but he doesn't know what is right and so he is really interested and wants to try out this religion. And he said he will take time to be sure but if he is sure this is true then he will grab hold and never let go. He is so amazing. I love that little Chinese man. Its way fun to teach him because his English isn't that good so we have to translate to Chinese for him a lot. And I got a book from somewhere that they give out at the MTC to teach missionaries Chinese so I am learning a little bit and teaching him with that book. Soon I'll be trilingual! Its been fun.
We have another investigator named H_____ that is really good at understanding. And he is really doing everything that we ask him to do. He is so cool. He said if he finds out this is true then he would want to be baptized. So we are just working to get him that testimony. At first he knew almost nothing about God or anything and then this week I asked him if he believes Jesus Christ is really there and he said yes. So he is progressing. I hope he can keep it up.
Our other investigators were kind of difficult this past week. Again. They just don't progress very well and are too busy and it is just frustrating because I know how much they need this gospel but they just won't put in what they need to in order to really get it. Its very difficult.
Also we have been really trying to work with Brother Y_____. He is less active. He is an older man. Very proper and old style Japanese. And I love him. So much. We get along so well. I have really made a good relationship with him. And he came to church two weeks ago. But since then we haven't been able to get a hold of him. I keep trying to call him but he never answers. And then another brother at church said he called him and was told that Y_____ K_____ wants to be done with the church. So he might be ignoring our calls. Which breaks my heart. I can't help but feel a little responsible. There is something specific at church I should have done but didn't and it offended him. He is easily offended so I had to tread carefully but I didn't. And that might be the reason he is done. It hurts me. I love him so much.
Well we are going to keep working hard. Life is good. Way hard. Happy. Sad. Never easy. But oh so rewarding. I love what I'm doing. And I love you all.
Love Elder Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment