Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Transfer day! (Week 75)

We got transfer calls this week. I have been here in Saijo for 4 transfers and with this companion for 2 of them. So the odds of me transferring were quite high. And if not me then he would. I just didn't think we were going to stay together. So I was scared for the call. Wondering where they would send me. Sad because I don't want to leave Saijo yet. I love it here. And then the call came. And they told me neither of us were transferring! Yay! One more transfer with my bean in a wonderful place!
 
So early last week we were streeting. And I talked to a man coming home from work. He seemed like the typical Japanese businessman. But what was different is that he actually talked with us for a long time. Well. More like talked at us. He asked me what the heck I was doing here and he told me how stupid it was to try to teach about Christ and some book I thought was interesting in a Buddhist country. And he went on for a while about how there is no way I could prove to him if this was all real. And then at the end he said to me I should go back to America and teach the people there in English or go home and come back when I can actually speak Japanese. My confidence in my Japanese is not really very high. And then when I tried so hard to talk to this man clearly he told me how awful my Japanese really was. So that was really hard for me the rest of the night. I honestly started asking myself why I was all the way out here trying to teach in this language. God should have chosen someone else who is good at the language to teach these people. But as I prayed that night I remembered that this gospel is so true that it doesn't matter how well I say it. Its truthfulness is so true that it basically tells them itself. I just have to know how to say kono fukuin wa shinjitsu desu. And then I felt a big love for that man while I was praying. He made me so angry that night. But as I prayed I felt God's love for him. And now I just feel sorry for him. I hope someday he can find what I have found in this gospel.
 
K___ san did not come to church. It was rather frustrating. But we will get her to church this week. I told her on the phone how disappointed I was that she was going to do something else. And how much I knew this would help her. And she said she would come next time. But I fear it won't be easy. It may be quite hard. So we'll see.
 
We did have another guy at church though. He is a chinese man named L__ X___ Y_. We met him on the street and set up a time to teach him English when he had time. And then at the English lesson we asked him if we could share the gospel message with him and he said yes. And we asked him to come to church and he said yes. And then he did come. And while there he asked a lot of questions and then asked if we could all go to church together again next week. And then we gave him a chinese Book of Mormon and he said he would have it finished in 2 weeks. So he seems pretty cool. It was a really nice day. He is a cool guy.
 
Also that day we had one of our less active members we were asked to focus on come to church again. She has been considered reactivated now and she said she will come every week now. That makes me so happy.
 
Yesterday we visited a potential investigator who said it was ok to come back but said at the moment he was busy getting ready to leave for work. And he was busy again but that was because we chose a bad time to visit him. We should have visited him last week. And he told us he wanted us to come over and told us to come next week. And to make sure we did it this time. And then we found out he was from Brazil. But his Japanese is so good I thought he was Japanese. So he is way cool. And that was a really cool miracle.
 
This past Sunday we got together with the zone leaders and with a whole bunch of priesthood holders in the ward and we all split up with a member and went to visit less active members in Saijo. All of them in one day. And it was so cool. Not really many people were met. But it was awesome to see all the members and missionaries working together. I was with our ward mission leader. And he was listening to classical music in his car. He asked me if I could play that kind of music on the cello and I said yes. I used to do it all the time. And he said it seems like so much fun to play in a big group and to make those harmonies and that beautiful music. I told him it was. It is one of my very favorite things to do. And he said its the same with missionary work. When the missionaries and the members work together and all have the same goal it creates beautiful music. And that is what we had on Sunday. Beautiful music. It was really cool. I love this ward so much.
 
I am so glad I have one more transfer here. I love this place. I think my favorite is actually still Tsuboi. But Saijo is good. Cross your fingers that I go Hiroshima Zone leader next transfer. The zone leaders are in the same ward and I never want to leave this ward. And odds are my next area is my last area.
 
Well. I love you all. Especially you dad. Have a good day.
Love Elder Liddle

No comments:

Post a Comment