One thing that I get to do as district leader is to interview the investigators in my district for baptism. And I had my first interview this last week with a wonderful man from the Philippines who speaks english and almost no Japanese. I am so lucky. But he really is an amazing man. I already knew him a little bit because he is the zone leaders investigator and we go to the same church. And the interview was a really good experience. I felt the Spirit really strongly and I felt such a love for him. And I felt very powerfully that he was ready for baptism. And then yesterday he got baptized. And that was a really cool thing to see. He is a wonderful man.
Also this week we visited one of our newer investigators named K___ san. And she is really cool. We visited her with the senior couple missionaries close to here and it was a really good experience. The Spirit was there. And then we talked about baptism and how it will make your past mistakes go away. And she started crying. She said there are many things she did when she was younger that she feels bad about and then she asked me if I was telling her that baptism would wipe that away and make her feel good like how she feels when we visit. I told her yes. And we set a date for her to be baptized. June 30. She was supposed to come to church but then told us she had an appointment and couldn't go. And I did not hide the fact that I was very disappointed. So I think she will come next week. And we have an appointment to see her tomorrow. I have high hopes for her. She is wonderful. My only real concern is that I have been here for 4 transfers and transfers are next week. Its looking like I am going to transfer. But I really don't want to leave. I love it here.
We also met a man a while back named K____2 And we didn't really share anything gospel related with him then. We just talked to him for like a half hour about whatever because he was at work and we just stopped by to look at the watches. So we talked there. And he gave us is number so we could meet up again. And we talked again but could never find time. And then I never called back. But the other day we were trying to visit a potential investigator we found in some apartment buildings and as we were leaving he walked up. Apparently we just housed his house but he wasn't home yet. So we talked again. And this time shared a message with him. And he said it would be ok to talk more about it. And we will call him today and get with him probably on Wednesday for lunch. He is really cool. And it was quite the miracle that we ran into him again.
So every area in the mission has five less active members that they are supposed to focus on that is chosen by the bishop of the local ward. And we have our five. Which is all fine and good. But then last week at church our ward mission leader's wife came up to us and said she wants to get us together with one of our five next sunday morning to teach her. She likes missionaries and wants to listen to their lessons but was going to go back home before church started. So it was our job to get her to stay. And she came yesterday morning. And we heard before we got there she ran into the stake president and asked him to take her name off the records. Then we met and had a little lesson. And the Spirit was strong. And she thanked us for the lesson. And stayed for all of church and for the baptism and for most of a fireside after the baptism. It was quite a miracle. I am so happy someone finally came to church that I have been working with. And then the sister who set it up came up to us after and started crying and thanked us over and over. It about made me cry as well. I was so happy. Yesterday was a really good day. Lots of miracles have been happening lately.
Ok. Well. Its been real. Have a good day. I love you all. Kore kara mo tanoshiku ganbarimasho!
Love Love Me
No comments:
Post a Comment