Monday, May 6, 2013

Just another manic monday (Week 71)

Well I have had many strange experiences this past week. Mostly they have been good ones and I am glad I have had them. I guess I'll just go through my week chronologically.
 
Well last Tuesday was awful. We just went finding all day and neither of us were feeling it and it wasn't good. It was just long and like painful and no one wanted to listen to us and it was just not fun. But we kept going. And kept going. And then went a little more. And at the end of the day we found a new investigator. Which made us extremely happy. But just so you know he has already been dropped. I'll get to that story later. And then right after we met him we contacted a less active member and got his phone number and stuff. So it was a night full of miracles.
 
We tried to meet [S___] on Wednesday. Apparently you spell his name [S____]. But it sounds like a d. So we'll see where that goes.
 
Before I forget. I can skype next week. It will be 11:00 in the morning for me on Monday. Elder Eliason just told me it will be 8:00 pm for you on Sunday night. So maybe check that to make sure. But plan on the skype!
 
Thursday we had zone training meeting. It was awesome. I learned a lot. And then we went with the ward mission leader to visit less active members and [Y____1] san. We met the less active members but not [Y____1] san. But we will probably meet [Y____1] san tonight.
 
Friday was my first apartment cleaning check. The senior couple missionaries that live near us checked it. And we passed. No surprise there. I'm a clean guy. Also on Friday we had lunch with the less active member who contacted us on the street last week. He is so awesome. And his wife and kids are cool too. But he goes to Taiwan today until July so that is lame. But he will probably come back to church. He's just too cool. And then we had another lunch at a nice restaurant with some old man we meet on the street all the time. We always talk to him. He is so funny. And last time he asked us if he could take us out to eat. He's 86 years old. We try to share the gospel but he just seems too old to really be able to understand and listen. But he is super cool. I love the old men here.
Saturday was a lesson with [Y____2] san. We had our ward mission leader come with us. It went really well at first. But then it really kind of spiraled out of control. She went off on some of the problems she has with her husband and stuff and it destroyed the spirit of the lesson. And Tanaka 兄弟 handled it really well. And it really gave us a lot of insight. We kind of know how to go about things with her now. But she may not be progressing as much as we thought. So we'll see. It was really intense. And really sad. I love her. I want to help her. But she doesn't connect that the Atonement can help her. So its hard. This missionary thing is hard.
 
Yesterday was exciting. Just a lot of church and churchy meetings. But then a super fun meal with a bunch of people from the ward at our ward mission leaders house. It was just way super fun. I loved it. And then we had the most interesting experience of the week. So we went to meet that investigator we found on Tuesday last night. And he wasn't there. But instead was a Japanese woman and a French man outside the building. The French man was drunk. Way drunk. And he threw his bottle of alcohol on the ground and started yelling at the woman in Japanese. And he grabbed her face and stuff. Then took her down some stairs where the bikes are all parked and stuff. And then we had some kid call the police for us. And we stayed there making sure he didn't hurt the woman but we didn't approach him because we were afraid it would provoke him. And then he came back up the stairs and the kid finished calling the police and then the man came up to the two of us. My companion has spoken to him before so he knew we were missionaries and he talked to us and told us to show him God. It was really quite sad. He was so drunk. And you could see how much he needed God. He was talking about how his life is dirty and he asked us what we do when we make mistakes to feel better. We didn't do much talking. Mostly just him. And it was kind of freaky because we didn't know if he was going to get violent. Both of us were way tense and ready to take him down. And then finally two police officers showed up. By the way his English is almost perfect. I was relieved for a moment when the police showed up but then the woman police officer was just not very impressive. And so I was tense again ready to save her behind if he got violent. And then like 6 more cops showed up. So it was ok. And then the police dismissed us and we went inside the building. But the woman police officer seemed to treat it all a little too lightly and said everything was fine and that the woman said she was ok so it was all good. At least the men seemed to have a little more backbone. But overall I am just not impressed with the Japanese police. But it strengthened my desire to be a police officer so I think God gave me that experience to help me decide what to do with my life. I've been worrying about that lately. Also after that experience we went inside and prayed for the man. And we felt so full of love for him. He needs help and we so desperately want to help him. And then we went streeting. And met a nice man with only one leg who talked to us for a long time and taught me some Japanese to help me teach Japanese people about God. Just stuff to say to Japanese people that will be more natural for them. Which was awesome. I needed to learn that. And it was just good.
So. That was my week. And the part that sticks out most is the drunk French man. It was scary and intense and sad and full of love all at the same time. And I am worried about my investigators. They just aren't progressing as much as they once were. But we will keep working and we will ganbaru to the end. I feel like a lot happened this week but mostly our investigators weren't available. So we didn't get much done with them.
 
And today we are going to Miyajima. Go look it up.
 
I hope you are all doing well at home. It sounds pretty good. Except with dad being gone. I hope he survives the training. And you don't have to worry about me being boring when I get home. I'm still a nutcase. So just plan something fun and I will be fun. But if you plan something boring then I will be boring. So really its up to you how I come home.
 
Well I love you. Have a nice day. I'll see you next week. And then the next time I'll see you will be in an airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment