Sunday, August 4, 2013

Nani ittara ii ka wakaran (Week 84)

So here I am again emailing you on a fine Monday. This p day we will have district p day and go see the Genbaku Domu (Atomic Bomb Dome) again. And then go to costco to get apple vinegar. Did I tell you I got my own Costco card?

Well I'll just get the bad news out there first so we can talk about something more fun at the end. We have no investigators. R_____ is not answering his phone. And there is just no one else. We are looking and looking for a new one but no one seems to care about God. I'd say about a third of the people I talk to actually laugh at me when I mention God. Its pretty difficult to get anyone to even listen to a lesson on the street these days. I just feel bad for my bean. Every bean comes out of the MTC expecting to have investigators that they can practice all their new teaching skills on and they expect there to be huge miracles and kinjin and stuff. But we are still looking for our investigators. I hope he is doing ok. Not having anyone to teach is pretty hard on the beans I think.

Speaking of my bean, let me tell you about him. He is Elder Braswell from Ohio. He is 19 years old. He loves to run. Which makes me feel bad because there is no way I am going with him to run again. And he is very enthusiastic and excited about life. He just wants to go share the gospel. I like him. Sometimes I feel stress from him but I think that is normal for trainers. I was stressed in the beginning with my last bean too. They just need time to learn how missionary life really works out here. And not think they already know everything as some beans seem to think. I feel like its really challenging to train again because my bean right now has such different strengths and weaknesses as my last one. So I feel like I have to relearn how to be a trainer. And a zone leader. At the same time. That is still really stressful. I never feel like I can put enough time to either one of my jobs and so I constantly feel like I am failing. It's very hard. But I guess I'll make it ok. So yeah. My bean is cool. I don't really know him that well right now either but I like him.

Everyone keeps making comments about how old I am as a missionary. The missionaries and the members. It makes me sad. I don't want to leave Japan.

So yesterday we had a big party at our ward mission leader's house. And then the ward mission leader's wife and some other members and the sisters all started to make fun of my name. It was weird because people don't really make fun of my name anymore. Most Japanese people don't understand that my name is close to little unless I tell them. But these people just went off forever on their little Japanese jokes. It was quite funny just because they thought they were so clever. For Japanese people that was pretty clever. But we get that all the time in America. The most common joke they make about my name is Tom Riddle because in Japanese the spelling is the same. I think I told you that once. Well it was just funny. I love Japanese people so much.

Has the world changed since I left? The new beans I talk to keep telling me about all this crazy stuff that they say is going down. How's the music? It's probably just the same garbage as always only different songs. But I heard Apocalyptica released a song from someone. That will be something to look forward to. I haven't ever thought about what the world was doing until these beans came. 後もうちょっとね。well I hope its fun. I don't want to come back to a boring world someday.

Sometimes I see star wars playing in stores here for various reasons. And I walk past it to hear if its in Japanese or if its only Japanese subtitles. And usually all the voices and everything are in Japanese. Which makes me want to stay and watch and call it Language Study. But I never do. Don't worry.

I feel like the way I'm talking may seem like I am getting too excited to go home and stuff. But don't worry. I just don't have much to report as far as dendo goes so I am just saying stuff so you have something to read. I hope you like this well prepared and thought out email.

Well just pray that we will be able to find a new investigator who wants to hear the gospel. That's what we need right now.

Have a wonderful day. Mom, you are such an お疲れ様。Love yall.

From トム・リドル長老
エリカ、キャン ユー リード カタカナ?

No comments:

Post a Comment