Sunday, August 11, 2013

Kyou no nekutai wa murasaki janai (Week 85)

Well I had a real interesting week. I guess. I can't remember most of it. But I'm sure it was interesting.

I did learn something quite big this past week. I found out that for the past year and a half I have been gay. Or at least I sounded like it. A member had all 8 missionaries over for dinner this week and the sisters here in Hikari are both Japanese. One is named Nihei shimai. She is awesome. A great missionary. And then I said something to her companion and then she said to me after a moment: "Elder Liddle, when you say that it sounds a little okama." "Eh? What was that?" "Okama." "I don't know what that means. Hold on. Let me look it up in my dictionary. Oh. I see. Wow. I sound gay? What are the rules for that particle? Oh wow. I have been gay my whole mission. That's awkward. Well thank you Nihei Shimai for letting me know. Now that this way of speaking has become habit and I probably have no chance to change it now and now I will just always be aware of my gay talk right after I say it every time now. Yeah. Thanks." So I talk like a gay guy in Japanese. And I didn't even mean to. But the bright side is I am really good at it in two languages now. And another bright side is Kashida shimai told me that if I talked like that to younger girls, which I have done countless times because it was young girls I learned this way of talking from, then it will give them the impression that I like them and they will want to be my boyfriend. Who doesn't want that kind of power? Yeah. That was really a weird revelation to me this past week. Kind of funny though. I remember talking to all the girl members and investigators we had in Tsuboi. And that is where I learned most of my Japanese. That and the branch president's daughters in Ishigaki. And I even asked the girls in Tsuboi if I sounded weird because I knew I was just learning how they talk. They told me I sounded normal. Maybe I was just so bad at Japanese that they didn't notice and it just sounded like a gaijin who couldn't speak Japanese. But thanks to them I learned to talk gay.

That was probably the highlight of my week. I also got to do a sick junkai with the Elders in Yasufuruichi and Takasu. That was way fun. Just lots of zone leader duties that are actually fun. Working with other members of the zone.

I feel like I have switched my focus to being a trainer rather than a zone leader. Which is not that good. I can't quite find the right balance. But I'll keep working on it.

Mom I have no idea what you are talking about with Costco and pictures and whatever. I never knew there was a relation between a big american food store and pictures.

We went to see the atomic bomb dome again this past week as a district. It was pretty fun. Really sad. We went the day before the anniversary and I didn't even know it. So that was interesting. A lot of people there. And they were all trying to get the americans to stop liking war. Tanoshikatta ne.

Well. I got more zone leadery duties to see to so I best be off.

Love Elder Liddle

No comments:

Post a Comment