I don't have much time to write today because it is Elder Munro's last P day and some members are taking us out to see some cool Ishigaki scenery. So yeah.
I have been good with Typhoons lately. We have no way to know about Typhoons really until they come or if we call members about them and stuff. So dad knows better than I do about them. All I know is that the biggest one in a long time was going to hit Ishigaki but turned to Okinawa instead. And that one kind of hit last week that is circling around for another go at Ishigaki. Probably to hit today. We've had rain today. Nothing major. Yet. But its all good. They can get intense but if you just stay inside you're safe. So don't worry about us. Japanese people almost never die in Typhoons. They just use common sense.
So yesterday the branch president and his daughter and a guy from Naha and one other person were going to speak in church. And the day before we got a call from our wonderful branch president saying he went to Naha early with his family to avoid the typhoon. And the guy from Naha couldn't come because of the typhoon. So we had like 12 hours to figure out sacrament talks and who would teach sunday school and who would teach priesthood. I just barely didn't have to give another surprise talk. We luckily ran out of time. And someone took sunday school for us. But we had to get priesthood. And Munro 長老 spoke in sacrament. That was exciting. I don't actually enjoy those surprise phone calls from Naha.
This week is transfers. And it is for sure that Munro 長老 is transferring. Don't ask me how I know so early. And if I don't get a call today saying I'm transferring too then on wednesday they will tell me that I'm staying a 4th transfer on Ishigaki! Which I am excited about. I love this place. And odds are I will get a Japanese companion but we'll see. I sure hope I do. I need to talk to native speakers more.
So this week we didn't actually get to see any of our regular investigators. So that was sad. But we are going to get to them this coming week to see how they are doing. As of right now no one is really progressing that much. But that will change.
I'm praying for Kate. She will adjust. It will be ok. It just takes time. I want to write to her specifically but today I have no time. So I'm sorry. I wish I could. I am excited to hear that she has a Japanese roommate. That sounds like fun. Japanese people are the most wonderful people on the earth. I love them. Learn Japanese from her Kate.
When Dad told me what is going down with preparations for tailgate parties this year at BYU I said Oh no. He's one of them. But I hope you have fun Dad. It sounds like it will be exciting. I wish I could join you. But I'm busy with other things these days. Maybe someday.
Also something interesting is that lately I have been feeling this need to go to the temple. I can't stand being away for as long as this. I am having trouble seeing how people can stay away especially in Utah where there are about 800 temples. I really need to go. But I don't think I can get a Taiwan trip approved.
Well I am kind of running out of time. I wish I could email more. Have a good week. Keep doing what you should be doing. Life will always be happy if you do. I love you all so much. You are all the very best.
Love Elder.
No comments:
Post a Comment