Monday, August 6, 2012

Sorry I'm late. The plane to Miyako took forever. (Week 32)

A new condition. A new state of mind if you will: Sweet shiny hearts of acceptance.

So this week was exciting. We didn't get nearly as much done as I wanted to because we were nailed by a typhoon and stuck in the apartment for a couple days. That was interesting. There is only so much you can do in the apartment. And then you explode and have to leave and go preach some gospel. I've never seen so much rain an wind. It was pretty intense. Today is another typhoon. It is just kind of hitting Ishigaki with the edge right now. And hitting Miyako more directly. And its taking Okinawa out. And going towards China. Just so you know. We were in the super tiny Miyako plane that takes a half hour to get from Ishigaki to Miyako. That is fun. My second time on that plane. My 14th plane. And the turbulocity during the landing was basically way scary. The plane kept dropping like 40 feet and was being jarred left and right as we were inches above the runway. I thought we were dead meat. But the pilot successfully landed softer than I have ever experienced in an airplane. So yeah. Today has been an adventure.

So I had a couple dreams in Japanese this week. It was still like way hard to communicate but I was dreaming in Japanese. And I thought that was pretty cool. One of them was one of the scariest dreams I've ever had though. We don't have to go into it. But it was in Japanese so I still loved it. Just so yall know whuts going down in the hood.

So missionaries always make jokes about all the Japanese girls that fall in love with white guys and always yell kakkoii at them and stuff. That basically means you're cool. And I thought that was all fun and whatever but I only have ever seen them get giggly and stuff around me. Only the truly bold ones speak. And they only speak to ask me if I want to go out with them. So I thought the screaming girls was just exaggeration. But this week three of them were together and started screaming kakkoii at us and stuff. And I just busted up laughing. The stories are true. Girls really do that. Can you believe that?

And before I forget. This morning on my way to the airport I saw some guy walking the streets of Ishigaki wearing a BYU shirt.

So I want to send a package home. But I don't have the money to do it. So think about that I guess. And decide whether mom's birthday present is really worth sending.

On Saturday we went to a matsuri. That's like a big festival. It was so much fun. I'll send pictures sometime. It was so awesome. We saw some guys that hold these huge poles with cool flag stuff on top. One guy holds it and two guys have a rope and two guys have poles to help keep it balanced and they pass it around and walk around with it and almost drop them and stuff. I was almost hit by one. It was so fun. And there were parades and cute little Japanese kids dancing and playing drums and stuff. It was way awesome. And then it was getting dark. And they had two platforms with a bunch of people under them holding them up and then they meet and the two guys on top started fighting and stuff with sickles and spears. It was cool. And at one point drums were going and chanting and stuff and it was getting way intense. And then we had the biggest tug a war. How do you spell that? I don't know English. Anyways. The rope was so big around that I would probably barely be able to bear hug it. with little ropes coming off so you can actually grab it. It was 130 meters long. And hundreds of people were involved. It was the coolest thing ever. And my side won. We wasted. It was so good. I am amazed with Japan. They have progressed so quickly in the world and yet they keep their history better than anyone else. It was way cool. So much fun. Though there was one bimyo part. There was a guy in the parade who was dressed weird. It was inappropriate in a weird way. But we don't have to get into it. But he saw the branch presidents 7 year old daughter and charged her to scare her. And then went away. And the thoughts that went through my head were what in the world is that?! and then I'll punch you square in the face if you get closer to her and then again what in the world was that!?. It was so weird. And then the branch presidents wife started apologizing to me. Come on Japan. Sometimes Japan is a little bit different. Kind of weird. Anyways. That was quite the experience.

And the branch says we made it into the newspaper because someone took a picture of our area on the road. But I haven't seen it.

So about our investigators. They have all kind of stopped in their progression for a bit. But they are about to make more progress real fast. I can tell. So its ok. Just sad for this week. People are just kind of doing nothing right now. But soon. They will all receive baptism. So worry not.

Well that is kind of how things are this week.

Inner peace and enlightenment can only be achieved after there are no places left on your body to bruise.

Loves. Elder Josh 長老

No comments:

Post a Comment