Sunday, June 3, 2012

Today we make new legend. Taketomi P day (week 23)

Hi. The other day I saw a shirt. It said: The youth has vigor. Young people can take advantage of others. I just thought I'd share that with you. The Japanese English is everywhere here. I love it. I see it all the time.

So I hope things back in Utah have been good. I hear its hot. Its not really that hot here right now but its more humid than you can imagine. Its raining a lot. Rainy season. And that just makes it more humid. Like death. I can't believe how humid it is. I can't stand it. I want Utah's weather back. That is the good weather of the world. If Ishigaki had Utah weather then this would be the best place on earth.

This week has been pretty good for me. I've seen some pretty cool stuff happen. We went housing for hours and hours on Thursday. We housed this huge building that took forever. And almost no one answered the door. We taught a few quick lessons but no one really seemed to be solid. And we were tired and hot and we wanted to go. On the top floor is where we always start. Because its easier to go down than go up. So we stay to do the whole building. I said beranda kara tobimasu a couple times. You can try to figure that out on your own. And then on the bottom floor something happened. It was the third to last door. And we almost forgot that area because it didn't look like apartments were over there. But we went. And an old lady came to the door that said she teaches her grandkids or something to believe in God and liked what we had and she took a pamphlet and Book of Mormon very happily and said of course we could come back and wants to hear more. That doesn't happen very much. So that was cool. That blessed woman will get baptized soon.

So there is this Japanese lady here who is fluent in english. She is better than I am at english. She uses words that are too big for my vocabulary. And she teaches eikaiwa at her house every week and we go to help out because we are native speakers and she still has an accent. And while we were there she told one of the high school girls to come read to me and then have me help her pronunciation and then we were just talking and stuff. She was really good at english. And she asked what I want to do when I go home. And I said I'm interested in entering the FBI. And she got all excited and basically fell in love with me. And that is not an exaggeration. High school girls love white guys. And everyone thinks the FBI like is secret agents and does stuff you see in movies and stuff so they think that is really cool. So I accidentally made her fall in love with me. My bad. The Japanese lady's husband speaks english too. And when he heard that he said he has never met a boy with so much ambition. Japanese people are so funny.

Also we taught a lesson yesterday. there is a family that is fluent in english and japanese. So we can teach in english. And Elder Munro keeps telling me when we get there that I have the lesson with no preparation. Last time we met them it went real good so he thinks I am just the best and should always take it when we teach them. So I did. And it was only the mom. And we talked and had a great time. And then we taught her. And I took the lead again but it was ok. And I felt the Spirit really strongly. And that was way cool. And then at the end she volunteered to say the prayer. That never happens. And she prayed in Japanese so I couldn't understand very well. But after Elder Munro said she said she felt a good feeling as we taught her and that she wants it back. We invited her to go to church on sunday. And I think she will keep that commitment. I really hope so. Anyways. It was just good. I feel like the Spirit told me exactly what to say to help her concerns. It was a super cool experience.

And this week is transfers. So I might get transferred away from Ishigaki. But I kind of doubt it. Elder Munro has been here three transfers so he is pretty sure he's leaving. He really doesn't want to go. I don't either. I would love to spend the rest of my mission here.

And Japanese people love to see pictures of the family so I always carry them around. And everyone says Dad is so young. And they ask how old and they all say my parents are so young. You are weirdly young to them. Just so you know.

Well. I should go now. I love you. Have a good week. I know I will. If I stay in Ishigaki.

Love Josh

2 comments:

  1. beranda kara tobimasu = beranda is balcony, tobimasu is jumping or flying, kara depends on the context apparently. In some contexts it means because, or in others "from" or in others "after this." I'm guessing it means soemthing along the lines of "I want to jump off the balcony."

    ReplyDelete