Sunday, June 24, 2012

If you have a edged tools please see security. (Week 26)

Osoku narimashita. Sumimasen. Sorry I'm late. I just got back from Naha this morning so I've been busy.

This week was pretty interesting. Not much happened here in Ishigaki. But last Thursday we flew to Naha on my 10th plane and stayed until Monday morning when we flew on my 11th plane. Naha was so much fun. The best. But I'm happy to be back in Ishigaki.

We had our last zone conference with President Margetts on Friday. His very last zone conference. That was awesome. And so sad. And so amazing. I can't believe he goes home so soon. I love that man. And his wife. They are such wonderful people. Sister Margetts spoke and said when they were called by President Eyring he told her that she didn't need to learn Japanese but to try to share her testimony with her missionaries in Japanese. And so she did. And it was so powerful. And then she had a minute when she just broke down and cried. I cried too. Big surprise there. I'm going to miss them so much. And then President Margetts spoke. And he too had a minute where all he could do was just cry. I did a lot of crying that day. It was so sad. I love those people so much. This zone conference was a very special experience. I also got to hug Sister Margetts. President said that would be ok just this once.

And I junkaied a lot with the zone leaders. We stayed with them all weekend to go to stake conference and stuff and we all went out to dendo together trading companions so we could work with everyone. And I learned so much. And I saw so many miracles. On Saturday night I went out with Elder Anstead and went streeting. That was scary. And fun. We can't do it much in Ishigaki because there aren't many people on the streets. We talked to a bunch of people and taught like 8 lessons and got a bunch of potential investigators. And it was awesome. The first guy I talked to was mean though. Part way through he told me I was too slow and left. My Japanese isn't that good but I understood that. In fact he used the first two words of this email. It means I became late or slow. How's that for a confidence booster with this psychotic language? But then the very last guy we talked to when it was late and we were heading back was awesome. I talked to him first and then Elder Anstead took over. And we had a great little lesson with him. Part way through some marine came up to me and talked to me to say he appreciates what we do and stuff. He was a member. It was nice talking to a white guy who speaks english. And then Elder Anstead asked me to share my feelings on the Book of Mormon with that wonderful Japanese man and so I did. And I felt the spirit. And so did Elder Anstead. And then he took a Book of Mormon and we got his phone number and stuff. And then Sunday night I went out with Elder Anstead again and we saw more miracles. We stopped on our bikes at a light and gave some old man on a bike an eikaiwa flyer and then took off. And on the other side of the road my hand clenched the front brake. I really don't know why. And the bike stopped and almost flipped over. And somehow the chain fell off and got all caught up in the wheel. So I wasn't going anywhere for a while. And that old man rode by and asked if I was ok and then Elder Anstead talked to him while I fixed the bike and he gave the man a Book of Mormon and stuff. It was cool. And then later up that road at another light we said Konnichi wa to a woman standing waiting for the light and she said our Japanese was really good and then we walked and talked with her and she said she wanted to come to church and we gave her a Book of Mormon and it was cool. She could tell how special the Book of Mormon was because when we offered it to her she was hesitant to take such a special book away from us. And then we got back to the apartment with 15 minutes before we had to be back so we went to street a little. And we talked to a guy who was stopped on his bike. And he took a pamphlet and we made arrangements to meet him again. He didn't resist at all. Everyone is always like well I don't know if I can or I forgot my phone so can't give you my number but he was all for it. It was so awesome. Lots of miracles. the work is moving forward for these wonderful people.

That was basically my week. It was good. I'm excited to get going on Ishigaki. I've already picked out the place for the Ishigaki temple. I was going to call President Monson tonight to let him know.

Well be awesome. Have a good day. Have fun in Didneylan.

Love Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment