What's up? I fine sank you, and you?
I hope all is going well in the hood. It sounds like things are going ok. Sounds fun. I'm glad none of you got shot on the phreeway.
Well this week has been exciting I guess. Not the best week ever. But whatever. We dropped a bunch of our investigators because they were going nowhere and had been going nowhere for a long time. So we only have 4 people that we are still working with. Aside from less active members. O_____ san and the Toyokawa family. Which has Toyokawa san and the kids Hank and Vivian. We didn't really enjoy dropping a bunch of people. But it had to be done. And now we are trying to do a lot of finding and stuff so we can teach more people. No one really wants to listen to us when we go housing. We have a few potential investigators. But not many. And our most promising one we can't visit until July. So we'll see how it goes.
The T_____ family didn't come to church yesterday but that was because they were all sick. I think if they were healthy they would have come again. They are going good I think. We just need to be able to meet them again. Them being sick is getting in the way. We have so much we need to tell them. And they are so close to amazing progression. I am very anxious to get to meet them again. I love those people. So much.
O_____ san is still doing good. She is still waiting for the letter from her Catholic leader in Nagoya. I don't really care if the letter is good or bad. I just want it to come. Its slowing her down. She won't do anything until she gets a response. She keeps reading the Book of Mormon and when we teach her something new about our church she always gets really excited and never stops telling us how the Catholic church doesn't have that. She believes it all. And we have a wonderful sister in our branch that has come to visit her with us and can do the Japanese we can't do and can teach her so much better. Oyama shimai. She is so wonderful. The members here are the best in the world. I think she is the reason O_____ san is doing so well. She and the Naha stake president. He talked to Onaka san for like 2 hours about a month ago and ever since then O_____ san has been progressing so well. Members are so important. Missionaries can't do it alone. And members can do it so much better than missionaries. So I think O_____ san will get baptized. It will just take more time. Which makes me nervous. But it will be ok.
So I conducted in church yesterday again. This time with no mistakes. Just stumbling over words. It is really hard to speak this language. I can't get it to come out. It is indescribably difficult to speak it. I can understand quite a bit when people speak especially about church things. But not everything. And I have such a hard time responding. Japanese doesn't come out of my mouth very well.
So. I get to ride two more airplanes this week. To Naha and back. This will be the last time I see President Margetts. He's going home very soon. And then at the beginning of July I get to go to Naha again to meet President Gustafson. So I'm still getting lots of planes. I heard a rumor that the Japan Fukuoka Mission spends the most money out of any mission on transportation. I'm not sure how true that is. But I don't think many missions get to ride airplanes four times a transfer. And if this is the most expensive mission then I am the Lord's most expensive missionary. Because within this mission Ishigaki is the most expensive to transport. Miyako is a close second. But it is cheaper than Ishigaki. I thought that was cool. I might be the Lord's most expensive missionary.
So Happy Phathers day dad. I should have told you earlier. I forgot it was fathers day. The Japanese people don't seem to care about fathers day as much. I think I saw one sign that said fathers day on it. Mothers day was everywhere. But no one cares about fathers day. They didn't even mention it in church yesterday. But I hope yours was good. I'll send you something awesome when I get around to sending a package home. I have a few things I want to send. But I don't think about it very much and so forget. My b.
So my home boy Eliason Choro is on Okinawa island right now. That's where he was transferred. And so I get to see him this week at zone conference. And Elder Amor transferred to Okinawa island too. So I don't get to skype with him every week anymore. But I'll get to meet him in person finally. Twice this transfer.
Well. I think I'm going to make like a rock and roll. Peace out. You are the saiko family. Yes. That is pronounced like psycho. Go look it up.
Love Josshu
No comments:
Post a Comment