Konnichiwa!
How is life in the hood? I hear my homies are back in town. I'm glad to hear that. I hope they are awesomer than ever.
So this week has been fun. I feel like time flies like you wouldn't believe here. Its crazy talk. Every day there is a giant speaker that plays a weird song and then someone talks. Kusakabe Choro says it is saying the kids are coming home so now make them study. And all the dogs howl. It is funny. Every day. At the same time.
There is this flavor of candy and juice and soda that is called shikuwasa or something. I don't know how you would spell it in english. And It is like a fruit that only grows in Okinawa and is something like a lemon and a lime. I think the candy and stuff tastes like pine trees. Its weird. But good. And the candy is really difficult to find. And that's here in Okinawa. So we'll see if it is even available in the rest of Japan.
So. I told Erika this in the letter I'm sending today but I'm telling it again. So Erika. Don't read this next part. Wait for it to come to you. I mean it. Don't even think about it. You may not read this. Kore o yonde mo ii dewa arimasen. So. We tried to go visit that girl again whose dog we followed to her door. But she wasn't home. Again. We still haven't seen her yet. So we went to her neighbor instead. And this old Okinawan man with absolutely no teeth answered the door. And I taught the short version of the restoration to him. And we talked about the Book of Mormon. And he asked if it taught good things. And we said yes. And he said he was excited to read it with his grandson who is like six years old. So that was cool. And his name is Mr. Miyagi. How cool is that? Did you read it Erika? I knew it! I told you not to. Well its your letter that's spoiled. Anyways. He's awesome.
And now to spoil Kate's letter. We taught a couple yesterday. The wife is LDS and hasn't been active since she was in high school and has forgotten most of the religion. And the husband is Catholic but wants to find a religion. Catholic doesn't seem to do what he needs and he is looking for something more. So we taught them. And the husband loved it. He was just eating up every word we said. He kept asking questions to clarify and he kept saying it made sense and asked us when he could get a Book of Mormon. And we gave one to each of them last night when they took us home. We didn't have any english ones on us. It was so cool. The spirit was strong and the people are just awesome. I'm excited for them. I hope you didn't read that kate.
So yeah. I have been having a good time. I can't really speak to Japanese people but there are a lot of Americans I can teach well. It has been fun. I don't really know what else to say about this week.
I love you all. I miss you. But life is good. I'm loving it. Have a nice day. You are all awesome.
Love Josh
So. Did they read it? :D
ReplyDeleteI read mine...haha ;) Oh well. I don't understand the title though.
ReplyDelete