So. Elder Peterson met our drunk investigator with a possessed house. We are all fairly certain now that he may get possessed when he's really drunk. That's the way it feels when we meet him super drunk. So we are trying to get this taken care of. And I'm pretty sure that he is lying about going to Texas for alcohol rehab. He keeps saying he's leaving and then something gets in the way again and again. And I'd like to point out that no one really seems to grasp the fact that he is a scary man and that this is a scary experience for me. Evil spirits never were something I liked. But don't worry about me. I'll be just fine. I'll just be nervous every time we meet this man.
I had another scary experience this week. I woke up in the middle of the night one night and Elder Buckingham was laughing in his sleep. It was super creepy. He thought that was pretty funny. He doesn't remember anything about it. So only I got to experience that.
A while ago I saw something I never want to see again. I was riding my bike and some old man was walking on the sidewalk. And then that old man decided he wanted to relieve the pressure on his bladder right on the sidewalk as I rode past him. That was cool.
So the senior missionary that lives just above me named Elder Watson made me aware that Nephites are mentioned in the Old Testament. In Daniel 5:6. And they really are. I was surprised.
So here's a fun word. Fuafua. It means fluffy. That is my favorite Japanese word so far.
The other day I had sweet potato ice cream. It was pretty good. It was an ice cream cone. And they gave me a spoon to eat it with. And so I ate it with a spoon. I like sweet potato ice cream. It was at like a Kadena Air Base museum. I don't know if sweet potato ice cream is something special or something but it was the only flavor they had. Well that and vanilla but vanilla doesn't count as a flavor. Its more the lack of flavor. anyways. I just thought that was a weird flavor to have at that kind of museum.
So we go to the base twice or thrice a week I think. The groceries are cheaper there and we do a lot of stuff with members on base. And we decided to go to Chilis this past week. And it was so delicious. I really like that place. It was a tough decision to make because we don't really like paying that much for lunch. But we did it for a special thing. And then a guy next to us refused to let us pay for our food. He paid for it all. None of us know who he was and he didn't really seem like a member by anything he said or did. He didn't seem to know that we were missionaries. Anyways. He was just a really nice man. Eating out with his two little daughters.
There are a lot of members on base that we don't know. People drive past us and honk and wave all the time and none of us know who they are. And random people just walk past us and say hi elders. Its something I never expected in Japan.
I went on exchanges for my first time this week. The day we went to Chilis. With Elder Hill. And it lasted until sunday night. It is only supposed to be 24 hours. But this was like a day or two too long. But it was fun. I like Elder Hill. I also met a crazy old man that sounded like he was just making strange grunting noises for speech and I couldn't understand anything. But Elder Hill did. So I guess he was speaking.
And I thought this was interesting. I find it easier to say a few things in Japanese than in english. Its much simpler and clearer in Japanese every now and then and you would have to go on for a long time in a really weird way to be as clear about what you mean. And it would be awkward english.
So I got to watch conference this weekend. In english. Thank goodness. It was really cool. I really enjoyed it. Conference is so good. I can't wait for the next one now. It was so cool. Lots of good stuff. I can't wait for the conference ensign to come out. It was just so good. I want to watch it again but I can't. I have no time for such things. Anyways. I just got real excited. It was like I was watching something back in time. I had a Doctor Who moment. I was watching the past from the future. I'm a day ahead of you. So I'm pretty much Doctor Who. So how is home? Is life good? I'm glad to hear you found yourselves a car. And that you are getting the medical help you need. That's good. I'm glad to hear there is good news but I'm not glad that I have to wait to hear. I kind of wish I could know now. I better get that letter soon or so help me I will pray for you so hard.
I did tell Elder Buckingham to write kate. I just said hey write one of my sisters. Ok. and then he did. You don't have to write back or anything. Just whatever.
Well. I think I'm done for this week. Japan is still awesome. I'm still happy. I still can't understand these people. But someday I will. So farewell. Have a good week. Tell Kujo I love her. Tell the ward I love them all individually. Especially the Stephens. And Especially the other Liddles. And Especially the rest of the ward too. Anyways. Heian soto.
Love Elder Liddle.
I'm not seeing it in Daniel 5:6...
ReplyDeleteThink about it. It's not literal.
ReplyDelete