Sunday, April 29, 2012

Two down one to go. (Week 18)

So. I have big news. I transfered! It caught me totally by surprise. I always heard people who go to Okinawa stay for a while. Especially if they go there first. Elder Buckingham thought he was going to get transfered but he didn't. And on the phone after they said he wasn't transfering I thought for sure I wasn't going to. But then He said I would. And the next day I got on a plane to Ishigaki. That is a tiny island further south than Okinawa. My new companion is Elder Munro. He is also Australian. There are three Australians in the mission. His accent is stronger than Elder Buckingham's. I am second counselor in the branch presidency down here. The branch is tiny. Most of it is one family. This place is tiny. Every morning we get up to do weird stretch things in a park with an old man. That is weird. I would feel awkward if it was america. But its normal in Japan.

When I met Elder Munro we immediately began speaking and laughing and stuff. He's great. I love that man. We are going to have a good time I think. He's a funny person. And he swears every now and then. Elder Buckingham said that there are a couple words that would be perfectly acceptable to say in church and stuff in Australia. He never said them. But Elder Munro does. And its weird. It doesn't offend me or anything so don't worry about that. Its just weird. Usually that would offend me but with him it doesn't.

So I really miss Okinawa. There is no base here. And I feel like I was torn away from people that I love and really want to teach and see where they go. We just taught a family where the mom and dad were very religious and told us ours was wrong and the dad even said "let me correct you" and stuff and where the son about our age was all interested and asking questions. And Mr. Miyagi with his toothless humble heart. I miss them. And all the members. And that guy who really wants religion and is just seeing which one is right. I miss them all.

I met a fair few of the members here on my first day here. On Thursday. And they are so nice. They are wonderful people. The best members in the whole world. And the little girls love talking to me even though I can't understand. We accidentally dropped in on one of their birthday parties and they invited us in and made us eat Japanese pizza and have cake and Taco Rice and stuff. They are so nice.

So when I got to the plane to Ishigaki I almost missed it. There was a lot of traffic and then we had to run through the airport and the lady typed into the computer as fast as her hands could go and then I beeped at security so they had to search me and then I ran to the plane and got on like two minutes before it started moving. And I was alone. No companion. That was weird.

We were housing the other day and we knocked on this lady's door. And she answered and was way nice. And then she showed us her religious book and told us to come to church with her and stuff. And I could understand her saying things like God absolutely doesn't exist and she just does not believe. And then Elder Munro said she said a lot more than that against our religion. But in a fairly polite way. So that was weird. But fun. I enjoyed it. Elder Munro said it was scary.

My knee is ok and I can bike fine. For now. It really is ok. Just a little soreness here and there.

My rain suit is amazing. The only water on the inside of it is my own sweat. Chopsticks are getting easier to use. Still hard. But getting better.

I'm really glad to hear that things are going well for you all at home. I was very happy to hear that. Pray for me. This place is harder than Okinawa. I struggle a bit with things here. Keep being happy at home. I love you. You are all the best. Keep telling me about how awesome life is at home. I like to hear about that.

Love Elder Liddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment