I'm transferring! Away from my precious kingdom! Ishigaki! No!
Well. We got the calls today. The transfer calls. By the way P day is now on Tuesday the week of transfers. So that's why this is late. And that way I can tell you about transfers after the call instead of after the transfer. So they called me today. Who called me you ask? Not the assistants like normal. President Gustafson called. But that actually had nothing to do with me. Iino 長老 is going trainer again! A bean in Ishigaki! And then he passed me the phone. I knew what was coming. I knew I would transfer. But I didn't want to believe. I spent a good 4 transfers here. And President told me I'm no longer Little 長老 but Big 長老 because I'm being transferred to a place called Tsuboi near a place called Kumamoto. On Kyushu island. Same island as Fukuoka. I don't really know where my area is yet because I haven't been able to look at a map. And my new companion is a fine man I have met a couple times named Elder Morris. Well. That's that. I'm excited though. So don't worry about me. I'm excited to see some more of Japan.
So we went to Taketomi last week on P day and rode the Suigyu. And let me just say. You know you are learning Japanese when the driver goes on and on about Suigyu urine and you understand everything he's saying. About how they use it for marking and sorry about the smell and stuff. Wow.
Speaking of urine. We went housing and there was an adorable dog lounging on the grass. When no one answered the door I went to pet the dog. And the sweet doggy rolled over so I could get its belly. Well I noticed that it was a boy doggy just in time to see a stream of liquid come flying at me and soak my hand. Yeah. Ishigaki animals are so so not good. I have lots of stories about them but they wouldn't be good to tell. That's the one bad thing about Ishigaki.
So at church here sometimes I use chapstick. And the branch president's daughters are always around and always talk to me and stuff. So they see the chapstick. And when they saw it I didn't realize what I was doing because its so automatic and they kept telling me I was cute. In English. They were just pointing and saying cute over and over. I was a little confused. It was hilarious though because when I explained what I was thinking they got all embarrassed and stuff. Anyways. Just a funny story. Its ok. Only one of them has a thing for me.
So I went to Mister Donut again this week. It is so delicious. And I have a point card. I've received two sweat towels and a halloween snoopy toy. Also they have this lion thing like as their mascot. And you can get a stuffed lion for 1000 points. We calculated it. I would have to buy one doughnut a day for the rest of my mission to get the points. Tanoshiku Ganbarimasho!
Speaking of Mister Donut. When we were there there were a bunch of like junior high girls at a table just behind me. Elder Iino was facing them. And when I would look to the side out the window I would see some of them turning around to look at me. And then Elder Iino waved at someone behind me. So I turned around and saw like 6 or 7 girls lined up staring at me. So I waved too. And then they all started waving and giggling and ran. It was so funny. Oh boy. The girls here are so crazy.
While I'm thinking about it I would appreciate if you could find and send me the smallest most portable bike pump you can find sometime. Whenever its convenient. Its not an immediate need. I just have an american bike. So when I need to refill my tires with air once every couple weeks it seems I have to go to a bike shop and its just way taihen and gets in the way. But whatever.
Elder Iino said cucumbers taste like stink bugs and watermelon tastes like beetles.
Ok. So now dendo. We had a rough dendo week. No one wants to listen to us and its way hard. And some people think I'm speaking English to them. They see that I'm white and expect English for some reason and so they can't understand that I'm speaking Japanese for like a whole thirty seconds. Its funny. Until it gets frustrating. And we met with the T_____ kids and they really aren't progressing. They need their mom to lead them. And she just went to Las Vegas for a while. So I will never see them again. Unless by some miracle I get transferred back someday. I'm really sad about that. But its ok. I think everything will be ok with them. They will receive the gospel eventually. Other than that basically all of Ishigaki's investigators have stopped all progression. M_____ san. We had to drop him. He doesn't want to learn anymore. Its been way stressful and frustrating. This has easily been my hardest week. And holy cow. I don't speak Japanese. Its so hard. So yeah.
Also my knees are going. My surgeryed knee is hurting. I think there is something wrong but whatevs. I'll ganbaru. I bought a 100 yen cane to use when we are housing and walking a lot so I'm ok. My other knee is starting to hurt too though. I don't know. I'll probably be fine.
One thing I love about Ishigaki is you can go walking through the houses in the evening and hear people getting together in their little Ishigaki music bands and singing and playing old Ishigaki and Okinawa music. Its so cool. I love it.
And I saw a nice old man on a scooter this week. He like bowed to me on his scooter as I walked by and he said konnichi wa and stuff. What a nice old man.
Well that's me. Its been crazy. And I'll talk to you from Tsuboi next week.
Also some people think I've seen conference already. Japan gets it a week later. I got to watch the Relief Society one this week. This weekend I get to see the real deal. But I did actually watch President Monson on the internet after we heard the mission age news. And I get to see it in English no matter what because I'm a genius. If you put the full general conference on an ipod and match the sound with the video then its all in English. Yes. I'm that good.
Anyways. I love you all.
Love Liddle 長老

No comments:
Post a Comment