Well. Its been another week. And I can barely believe it. Time is flying like you wouldn't believe. I'm glad to hear you are doing well back home. I'm sorry to hear dad has gone hippy and let his hair grow out longer than 1/8 inch for a while. I really am surprised at him for making that decision whatever the motive may have been. And if you want to send me music probably the best way to do it these days now that I'm in Tsuboi is to do it by USB. And you probably shouldn't have told me that it was for a secret purpose that you asked this question. Now I can't wait until whatever time it is I have to wait to.
Tell Erika to tell Mr. Park Hachi no su ni shite yaru. He might not understand it. But it means I'm going to pump you full of lead.
So I have had an exciting week I guess. We have just been really busy doing dendo and stuff. You know. The normal stuff. But we are really trying to get Eikaiwa better. Its huge here. Way huge. But we want it better. And so we are making a giant poster to use when we hand out fliers and we are making posters to put on our bikes and stuff. And everything we need for this thing seems like it will be hard to find but we get there and everything just falls into our laps. Its crazy. I think someone is going to get baptized from our Eikaiwa efforts. We also met people last night that want to go to Eikaiwa. Usually when we give people fliers they just say thanks or just nod or something or don't even take it or something. But these people jumped at the fliers and asked for some to give their friends. Its just Eikaiwa but its fun to see people have real interest in something we are doing.
So yesterday was my first day going to church here. That was fun. The people are very nice. And there are so many of them. And they had me go up and introduce myself and share a testimony in sacrament meeting. And then they told the whole ward that I would be playing the cello at the Christmas party and that we just need a cello. That was about the same time that I learned there was a Christmas party and that I was playing there. Oh Japanese people. They are so wonderful.
Elder Morris and I get along very well. We have a great time. He's from North Ogden. He's a hard worker and very good looking just in case my sisters wanted to know. He is full of good ideas to get the work moving along here and has a great time dendoing. We will probably be together for 2 or 3 transfers. But we'll see. I really enjoy being his companion. Its fun. I also love living in a 4 man apartment again. Its way fun. We have a good time.
The other missionaries I live with, the Shimizu missionaries, have an investigator who is chinese. He is totally cool and we played soccer with him and stuff. He is one of the coolest people ever and I think he will get baptized. I'd like to go to his baptism. And I learned from him happy birthday in chinese. But I can't even imagine how to write it down so I can't type it. He told me my pronunciation is perfect. And chinese is supposed to be the hard one to pronounce. Maybe I'll go learn chinese after this. Anyways. Just pray for this wonderful man. I want to see him get baptized and join this wonderful church.
I use my cane a lot. My knees are totally losing it. But its ok. And I think it makes girls like me more. We just entered suit season so I have to wear a suit all the time now and I have a cane. So I really look good. And I think one of the Eikaiwa students is really into me. And then just the random women on the street giving me the look. But don't you worry about me. I won't go on any dates or anything. I'm here to preach the gospel so don't worry. I just look way good walking around with a cane. Elder De Jong, the district leader, wants to get a cane too. He wants the same attention and everything that I get. Oh well. Its not my fault I need one. I guess I'll just deal with all the attention and the pain like a man and turn it into baptisms or something.
My pedals on my bike were breaking off and so I bought new ones. They're pink.
So we don't really have any investigators here. Some just kind of investigators and there aren't very many of them. So hopefully we will be able to find some people soon. I would like to really start teaching people. Then maybe my Japanese will get better. I am having a strange problem with my Japanese. I don't know how to say a lot of specific things but when Japanese people say them I understand them. But I can't remember exaclty what they said because a lot of things I understand as quickly as English now so I don't really listen to what they say specifically. Its hard. Its weird understanding what they say but not being able to say it. So we'll see if I can learn them somehow.
Well. I think I should get going. I will let you all get going. I'm out of time. Loves.
Elder
No comments:
Post a Comment