So I'm here in Japan and have the opportunity to write a quick email. I got here safe and sound. Japan is weird. I am tired like you wouldn't believe. I woke up at 4 in the morning on March 12 and arrived in my mission at like 7:30 am Utah time on the 13th. Sleeping was really hard to do on the plane. My flight to Portland was kind of lame. But short. It was kind of a dumpy plane. My flight to Tokyo was awesomely a pain in the hind quarters. It was like 11 hours. Way too long. But the plane was really big and had much nicer seats and nicer people. Part way through the flight it started stinking really bad so one of the ladies let us go to towards the front of the plane in these super nice seats. That rocked. But I probably only slept like an hour on that plane. Getting around the Japanese airport was really hard but there was a nice Japanese mom and son helping us because they were going the same way we were. And it turns out she is the Fukuoka stake president's wife. I slept the whole way from Tokyo to Fukuoka. There was no way I could stay awake. But that was only like two hours. And last night I got like 5 hours. So I'm excited for sleep tonight. Japan is crazy. Everyone is Japanese. I've seen one American here. And they all speak Japanese. I can't speak Japanese. This is scary. But ok. This morning we went out on the streets and started giving out fliers advertising a free english class at the church. Its very difficult to communicate with my limited Japanese. But it wasn't so bad once I got started. Most people ignored me. I find out where my first area is and who my companion is tonight. I'm excited. My mission president is really cool. So is his wife. Fukuoka is huge. Very big city. With lots of people and tiny winding roads with lots and lots of cars. I almost got hit by a bike like four times on the sidewalk. So nowhere is safe. Its nuts. I'm so excited to be here. Its still not really connecting in my mind that I am in Japan. But I think it will. This is weird. Everyone is Japanese. Well. I'm going to go now. Have a good time in Utah. I'm having fun in Japan. Bye.
Love Josh
Yay!!! I am glad he is there :)
ReplyDeleteHe's alive!!!!! :D
ReplyDelete