This is my last P day in the MTC! I'm almost out of here! I almost wish I was staying here longer though because I can't speak Japanese!
This week has been weird. I feel like it was really really long but I can't remember anything that happened and it seems like it was fast. So this email might have nothing in it. On Sunday we had Alex Boye come speak to us. He's crazy. He was a lot of fun. His talk basically changed my life. He's a good speaker. I really liked it. He's way funny and made black jokes a lot and then he had a really nice way of bringing in the Spirit very powerfully. He talked about his own conversion and how he loves his missionaries that brought him the gospel. He spoke in such a loving way for them and said he will never forget them. And he said we will have people like that with us. They will love us and never forget us. It was cool.
This week it has been a big deal about not telling anyone that they're mission will be hard and that they won't baptize or anything. That is a lie and making someone believe that is putting limits on what they can do and putting limits on how much God can do in certain missions. If the missionary has faith then the power of God will make anything happen. So don't ever tell anyone they have a hard mission like that. You will be putting limits on God's power to bless his wonderful children. Also I heard a bit of the dedicatory prayer for when Japan was dedicated for missionary work. It was awesome. It said that Japan will start out slow but that it will become one of the highest baptizing missions in the world. And I get to be a part of that. I'm so excited. That is so awesome. Japan is so awesome. I can't wait to see the church grow there. I really love the Japanese people. And I've only ever met the Japanese missionaries.
I love the Japanese missionaries. They are a lot of fun. Some of the funniest people I've ever met. And I can barely talk to them. But they are so awesome. Japanese people are too cool. Its unfair. Why do they get to be so cool and Americans just get to be fat? Jk. Americans rock too. The U.S. and Japan are the two coolest countries.
So I got your letter, Dad. I'm happy to hear that I get to speak Japanese to you all when I get home for who knows how long. And I'm glad Kujo isn't sad that I'm gone anymore. Sounds like things are going well at home. You should all think about learning Japanese so we can communicate after this. Maybe I'll even only speak Japanese on the phone on Monday. We'll see. That's too bad that my car is going to fall apart by the time I get home. But it sounds like a fun project for the two of us. I'm excited for that. I promise I'll speak english to you as we rebuild it. But no one else.
What is everyone doing these days? Just work and school? Anything fun going on? Anything I should be jealous of?
I saw Juddy Buddy. We live in the same building so he isn't hard to find. And he has the same schedule as Elder Hutchison so I think this picture thing is going to work out pretty well after all. I was afraid it wouldn't because its so hard to get all of our schedules to match. So don't worry Sister Stephens. We'll get that picture.
I'm doing most of my packing today. That's fun I guess. I don't know. Just whatever. You should start emailing me. That will be faster than anything else from now on. Since I'm going to Japan on Monday morning! I meet at the Travel Office then we leave and have to make it to Salt Lake so I don't know exactly when I can call. I don't know when I'll get there and stuff. But then I can call sometime after I get there. I don't know exactly how the airport all works so whatever. Hopefully it works out and none of us die or anything.
Here's a game. If anyone can write me a letter and tell me what this sentence is from they get a prize from Japan. Watashi wa jibun no maue ni taiyo no kagayaki nimo masatte kagayaite iru hikari no hashira o mita. Ready set go. Good luck.
So. I'm running out of things to say. I'm nervous for Japan. I can't speak Japanese and they're going to force me to try to share the gospel with people when I can't speak to them. But whatever. The gift of tongues is real and God can do anything so I'll probably be ok. I'm just scared because I really can't speak this language worth beans. It is so different from english. Its very very difficult. Totemo muzukashii. So I'm kind of hoping my trainer speaks english. After that give me nihonjin for every companion. But I just want a trainer that speaks english. We'll see. Whatever God wants is what matters I guess.
So I'm out of time. I hope this email wasn't completely lame. I should have a better one next week sometime. Have a nice day and I'll try to call you on Monday morning. Heian soto.
Love Liddle Choro
No comments:
Post a Comment