Friday, January 13, 2012

January 13, 2012 (Re: Hey! I'm writing an email!)

Hi. I'm writing again. Things here are good. These past couple days have been a little harder I think. I just can't understand when our investigators speak Japanese to me and it takes me a really long time to reply in Japanese. I can't speak it very fast. But I'm good at remembering words.

Church is fine. I need to have a talk prepared in Japanese every week so they can call on me to give it. It's scary. But I've been lucky so far. Choir is fun. I only did it the one time because I've been trying to work out the cello thing when I have the time. And it hasn't been easy. I can't actually get the music librarian in her office and they have a really poor selection. I wish I had my own music to bring. The food doesn't have the same effect on me as it did at home. It gets stuck in me. I've been eating different stuff. But it hasn't been awesome yet. Maybe I'll just eat only salad. the MTC president is President Brown. He seems cool. I've taken some pictures but there is no way for me to email them to you. You will just have to mail me a new memory card and I'll mail you mine. The pillows are fine. Not too bad. I'm fine with them. Laundry day is really a pain. But it has to be done.

And just so you know my P day is every Friday until I get out of the MTC.

Lloyd Choro says that there is a little mail place next to Smiths in orem that mails packages to the MTC for free.

And apparantly they didn't want me to bring my own temple stuff so I'd like to send that home somehow.

On Tuesday we had our weekly devotional. Elder Russel M. Nelson was the speaker. That was cool. Basically what I got out of it was that we are helping God fulfill his purpose by being missionaries. And that isn't something to take lightly. He was cool to see so close.

There is another Elder Liddle here. I see him all the time. He seemed to know all about me already. It was weird. He knew who my grandpa was and everything. His grandpa is Wallace Liddle. And that makes us relatives. How weird.

I saw Sister Theobald a few days ago. We got our picture taken together. But on her camera. So you will have to steal them from her.

So the Japanese missionaries from Japan arrived. That's cool. I can't understand them. We had a little like testimony meeting after Elder Nelson's talk and a couple Japanese sisters were there. We could barely understand each other but we all felt the spirit anyways. It was way cool. The spirit doesn't care if you can understand what they are saying. The spirit will be there anyways. That was a really cool experience.

Japanese is really hard for me. I can't understand it. But it will come eventually. I just need to keep practicing. Its really hard though. I can't identify words when they speak really fast and I can't think of words to use. I can't say very much.

Elder Eliason snores really loud at night. But only like a small time during the night. It wakes me up every night. At like the same time. And then he stops snoring after a while.

We had an elder get sent home this week. He didn't take care of something before he came but decided to take care of it and come back worthy. The love we all felt for him when he told us was crazy intense. We all love him so much. Abraham Shimai told him that she really respects him for living what we are trying to take to the Japanese people. That made me cry. I'm a crier. We all love that Elder. Pray for him. Satan is going to attack him and he needs to make it back.

One of my teachers offered to skype him to help him learn Japanese at home. I have the best teachers. Gremmert Sensei and Heaton Sensei. Heaton Sensei is getting married but Gremmert Sensei is single. I want Kate to marry him. He's way cool. Way spiritual. And awesome. And he speaks Japanese.

Well I'm out of time. I love you all. Keep being happy.

Love Elder Liddle.

1 comment: