So I am a month into my mission already. I can't believe how fast time is flying. It's crazy. Every day here seems like an eternity but then before I know it its P day again. I can't believe how fast its going. I still feel like I just got here.
And the Nihonjin missionaries are the nicest people in the world. The missionaries from Japan. They are easily the nicest people I've ever met in my life. I heard that some of them were very nervous about coming to the United States to stay at the mtc because they don't all speak english very well. I think only two are fluent in English. And I heard that the Nihonjin sisters were getting very emotional when they got here because everyone was so nice to them and trying to communicate with them in Japanese. They are such sweet people. I can't wait to get to Japan and be around the Japanese people all the time. The Nihonjin missionaries leave on Monday. And so do the other missionaries that have been here like six weeks longer than us. Then a week after that new missionaries come and we become the old ones that know everything. That's a scary thought. That also means I'm almost half done with the mtc. That's way scary to me. I don't know anything.
So on time Eliason Choro and I were teaching one of our investigators and Eliason Choro wanted me to speak at a certain point. And I had a lot of trouble. I don't know Japanese. And I struggled. But then all of a sudden I knew which direction to take the lesson and I knew the words and the grammer to do it. And I really felt the spirit. After the appointment Elder Eliason said that he prayed for me in the lesson and immediately after I started speaking. Prayer is real. So don't forget to pray. Especially for me. And the Nihonjin. We will all need it.
The organist/pianist at the firesides every sunday looks just like that crazy lady on Criminal minds only with dark hair. The computer lady. I think her name is Garcia or something. I thought that was kind of funny.
I did get the package. Thank you very much for that. I've been loving the toilet paper. And the picture of Kujo right at the front made me laugh. I miss her. Make sure she doesn't forget about me. I want her to be excited when I come home. Not angry or anything. And the tang has been good. I was sick last week. And the tang was very comforting. I was sick enough that I missed a class to sleep. But I'm better now.
I got a haircut. My first one. Its way too short. I can't wait for it to grow out.
A few days ago some elders and I were talking while Elder Eliason, who is now district leader, was in a meeting for district leaders. And then he asked what we were talking about and I said I wouldn't tell him. Then he said I'm pretty much your wife right now. You can't keep secrets. That made me laugh.
So every now and then I have had the thought come that I was only called to Japan because I had previous Japanese experience and that it wasn't really from God and that I won't ever be able to do this. But then I was reading the Morumon Sho and then I knew that this was a call from God and that I have previous Japanese experience because God was helping me prepare before I came here. And it really has helped. I can read the first two alphabets quite easily. And I already new a bit about how Japanese sentences work. So it hasn't been too difficult to learn the new stuff. Its just hard to actually speak it. Elder Eliason and I are trying to speak only Japanese until we leave the mtc except when English is required. Pray for me. I'll need the help.
On Tuesday the speaker at the devotional was Jose L Alonso. Is anyone else thinking of Doctor Who? Erika. This was for you. It was a good talk. He had a hard time with English but the spirit was still so strong. Sounds like what will happen to me in Japan. Also there are rumors going around. I never heard anyone in charge say this but everyone seems to know and they have a special musical number prepared for Tuesday's devotional so I'm pretty conviced. The rumors are that the First Presidency will be here next Tuesday. I'm excited for that one.
The Morumon Sho is awesome. Don't forget to read it. I love it more than I ever have. Its awesome. Always read it. Watashi wa Morumon Sho ga shinjitsu da to shitte imasu.
Aishiteimasu. Be happy. Don't die or anyting. Bribe the church to send me to Japan now. I don't want to wait anymore.
Love Liddle Choro
We told Liddle Choro that whatever he put as the title of his email will be the title of his blog. That's what he's referring to in his title (last week's as well.)
ReplyDeleteHaha... he never was very creative with words... :D
ReplyDeleteYou are too funny Elder Liddle. Sounds like you are really working hard. You are an awesome missionary. We love you and your family.
ReplyDeleteSister Wood