Friday, January 20, 2012

I don't know what to put for my subject.

So this week has been pretty good I guess. I don't know. It was really fast. I feel like it was just barely P day. But here we are again. Its hard to believe that I've been gone as long as this. I still feel like I just got here.

So there is and elder in my district named Wong Choro. From Hawaii. He only has a little Chinese in him so He's mostly Hawaiian looking. Anyways. He likes to just shout out random Japanese words and make sentences that don't mean anything. And I tried to do that at lunch one day just to tease him. I said. Anata wa. Kamisama no. Jodan desu. And when you put all those together it says you are God's joke. Which was a complete accident. I didn't mean to actually make a sentence. Anyways. I just thought you should know.

After devotional every week we talk about it as a district. And It was pretty good talking this week. The spirit was really strong. And I cried. Abraham Shimai shared something really special to her and I cried. I'm the district crier. Thanks mom. Jk. I'm fine with crying. Especially from the spirit. This was just a lot of crying.

Use dear elder when I'm in the mtc. It's nicer to read the letters throughout the week and I only have a half hour to do email and then it locks me out. So dear elder is much better for now.

And those letters from the young women were nice. That was fun to read. I appreciate that. It made my day that day.

Japanese is still way hard. I don't get it. Its like a foreign language to me. But they say it will come. So it probably will someday. It's pretty frustrating. I can't teach worth beans. But I'm trying.

And our branch president came to our class last night for a special visit. Where he basically said we need to step it up as a district. It was pretty intense. And our teacher earlier yesterday said the same thing. I didn't think we were doing that bad but maybe we are. The Lord saw fit to call us to repentance twice in one day. It was kind of scary. But good. Now I'm going to be an even better missionary. And I was an awesome one already. Jk. But seriously. That was crazy. And I'm inspired to be better.

Every day I come to appreciate more and more how lucky I am to have the gospel. I was born in the best time and place where I could grow up in this church. The people in Japan mostly don't even know who God is. Its hard to imagine what it's like not knowing what I do. I'm so lucky. And so are you. Don't ever forget this great gift you have been given. Its the best thing ever. Out of all the billions of people that have lived and are living without the gospel you were chosen to be among the few millions alive right now to have it. Don't forget that.

I love you all. You are awesome. I like reading your letters so feel free to send them at any time. Peace out until next week.

Love Elder Liddle

3 comments: