This week was pretty good I guess. I never get as much done as I want to and things just never seem to move forward as much as I want but I guess that's ok.
That's cool that you had a crazy storm. We never have anything crazy here. Just rain. More rain than I've ever seen in Utah. But just rain. I love working in the rain. Its always so hard and annoying and I get soaked if I don't wear my rain suit but the harder your conditions are the more likely you are to see miracles for working through them.
My knee is not in good shape. You asked if it was still my right knee. Its still my knee that had surgery. The left one. The right one hurts sometimes too but not nearly as much. I am experiencing more problems in the left one by far. But a nice chinese lady in the ward heard about it and just gave me some old crazy chinese medicine so we'll see if that helps. It smells pretty bad.
Erika, メールしてくれ。日本語はそんなに難しくないでしょう。
So this week we had another MLC in Fukuoka and I got to ride that Shinkansen. And then a bus back. The shinkansen takes like 1 hour. An hour and a half if you take the slow one. But the bus takes like 5 hours. I don't like the bus. But being in Fukuoka is fun. I got to see my beloved Yamanashi 長老 again. And Trane 長老. And my beloved Chung Cholo but I don't think I've ever talked about him to you before. He is Elder Dolbin's friend from back home and I love him almost as much as I love Elder Dolbin. And I love seeing President. I made your cheesecake for President and Sister Gustafson back when they came up for zone conference and they really liked it and Sister Gustafson asked for the recipe. So I gave it to her this week.
We did a zone training meeting again this week too. That is always exciting. I get really nervous training people. Especially a whole zone. That is 24 people listening to what I say and taking it in to make them better missionaries and stuff. I'm just a 普通 missionary. I don't feel like I can really teach them anything but I do my best. And somehow it all works out.
Our investigators really didn't progress at all this week. I think because they were just too busy to meet. We'll see about this week.
I just want to say I love the members in Hikari ward. So much. There is a fairly recent convert here named Hanzawa Kyodai. And he is so awesome. We visit him weekly. He is kind of a shy guy. He didn't ever say anything to me for my first like 4 transfers in Saijo. But then all of a sudden he started talking to me. I would talk to him almost every week at church and eventually he just broke out of his shell and started talking to me. To be honest I can't understand everything he says but I don't think that matters. I just need to listen I guess. But he is so cool. Over a month ago we started visiting him at his house. And the first time just broke my heart. He told us about how much he really isn't getting paid at work and he said sometimes he doesn't have enough food. So now we visit every week to make sure he is happy and has food. And we bring him orange juice too. He can't afford anything that tastes good. He can only afford the very basic stuff. And sometimes he can't afford it. Shortly after that first time we went to a member we knew would help and she gave us a huge bag of rice to give him. And we doorbell ditched it at his apartment. And the next day we had an Uno party at the church because Hanzawa Kyodai likes Uno. And he told us about someone leaving rice on his door. And we just said how cool it was and how it was probably angels that left it. (He told us once way before he met missionaries that Mary would protect him and give him food when he was homeless so he totally believed the angel thing) Anywho. I just love him. And I thought I'd tell you about him. I love all the members here. I just don't have the time to talk about all of them.
Hey does anyone know if you can bring a bike on an airplane from Japan? I just got a bag to put my bike in so now I can take it on trains and stuff but I want to know if I can take it on a plane. If I can I want to take my bike home. But I don't know how to find out if I can.
Yesterday Elder Eckman and I were told three times that we seem like we could be gay. For various reasons. None of which were actually gay. Except maybe wearing matching pink ties and watches.
We have also been told on more than one occasion while at meal appointments with members or investigators that we should be comedians together. Its really just Elder Eckman. He makes everyone laugh and he uses me as the target.
Well. That was my week. I love you all so much. I miss you. I can't wait to see you sometime in the distant future. By the way I am now being treated by the members as someone who is going home soon. Its really weird. Have a good week.
Love Elder Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment