Well we had transfers and nothing really went the way I expected. Elder Eckman's companion transferred way far away to Miyakonojo and the missionary transferring from Miyakonojo came here. His name is Ishikawa cholo. And he is now companions with my bean, Elder Braswell. And Elder Eckman is my companion. We are having so much fun. It has been a party all the time with him. And now we can focus on being zone leaders and it has been so much easier. President said there are no longer any zone leader/trainers in the mission. So that is good. And saijo went from two missionaries to having sister missionaris too as well as a senior couple who will arrive this week. I already knew all that and was way excited for saijo. And then I got the call and it turns out saijo is actually receiving two more elders as well. So it went from two man to eight man. Go saijo! And now our ward will have 15 missionaries every week until saijo gets its own branch. Also the Hikari sisters went from two man to three. It was crazy and super busy and I had so much to take care of but this time I had a companion to help me and everyone got home safe.
I'm speaking a lot more Japanese now with Ishikawa Choro here and because Elder Eckman is so good at Japanese. We speak a lot to each other in Japanese. So maybe I'll get good at this language before I go home. Cross your fingers.
On transfer day I attempted to carry a fairly normal suitcase up some stairs for one of the sisters transferring in something happened to my knee. It just shot pain through it and I couldn't support myself with that leg while holding the suitcase. The pain mostly went away when I put the suitcase down but it still doesn't feel too good. And today I started to feel the pain again when I was just walking myself up some stairs. So I don't know if I did something to it or not. But it doesn't feel great. Oh well. I will ganbaru to the end.
So on Tuesday President called me before our official transfer call to talk to me about some stuff and what I think about what he was thinking to do for transfers in my zone. I'm so important. :) But then he asked me if I wanted to transfer. He said I've got only two transfers left. I'm an old missionary. So I am on the top of the list to get what he wants. And he said he knows how stressed and hard this has been this past transfer and he wants me to have fun as I end my mission. So if I wanted to transfer and have a better experience he would make it happen. And then I told him I love this area. I love this ward. I want to give Hikari my all until the very end. And he said ok. That's what will happen. And he said that was his plan because I worked so hard in Saijo and loved it so much that he wanted me to be able to see what was happening there because of my work. I don't think I really worked that hard. But President sure is nice. So I will be here until the end. Unless something happens no one forsees. We'll see. But I want to stay. If I do it will mean 11 months in the same ward. Go Hikari ward!
Yesterday we had two investigators at church! T_____ san came. He is pretty cool but he doesn't look like he really wants to listen to the lessons. He just wants to come to church. And we are giving him to the other Hikari elders because Elder Braswell knew him too and they don't have anyone right now. Our other investigator is named H_____ san. She is a referral from a nice lady in the ward and she really seems like she is solid. She is really nice and seems to really be progressing already. I've only met her once. And Elder Eckman met her twice. But already she seems really good. So hopefully we see good stuff there.
Saijo also had an investigator there! All six months in Saijo I only had an investigator at church three times. I am so happy for Elder Dolbin. And it really looks like she could get baptized. She is really solid. Her name is A_____. Perhaps I told you something about her when I was still there. Elder Dolbin and I found her. So she is awesome. And the ward members were awesome with her. We barely saw her because the ward was taking care of her. It was awesome. Hikari ward is so good. I love it here.
Yesterday Tohma Kyodai talked to me at church. He is the one who gave me a watch. He is one of three active members living in Saijo's area. And I love him so much. Brother Tohma is the guy. Anyways. He talked to me. And he said his favorite missionary finally went home this past week and he didn't realize until he was already gone. And it made him sad. The missionary who reactivated Tohma kyodai. And he told me to not go home. He told me to stay forever in Hikari ward. I really love that man. And I can really feel his love for me. I think he was sad when I transferred to Hikari. I can't see him nearly as much. Only on Sunday. But we will visit him this week I think. Maybe next week. Anyways. I just love that guy.
Our ward mission leader, Tanaka kyodai, was released yesterday. That was way sad for me. I love that guy too. He is so wonderful. The best ward mission leader I have ever worked with. He is just the bomb diggety. And I gave him a big hug and told him he is my Japanese dad. And then he told me he loved me and I told him I love him and we said Tanoshiku Ganbarimasho! He is so wonderful. I'm sad he isn't our ward mission leader anymore but we will still work with him a lot.
Our new ward mission leader is named Gepford kyodai. He is American. Three American families moved into the ward. So that has been way fun. Lots of translating for them. But Gepford kyodai speaks Japanese. And he really seems like he will be a legit ward mission leader so I am excited to work with him. Him and the 14 other missionaries.
Tomorrow I get to ride another Shinkansen to Fukuoka for Mission Leadership Conference. That will be way fun. I love going to the mission home and meeting President.
And this morning I went to Miyajima again. It was really fun to see in the morning. I'll attach pictures and stuff. It was cool.
That was my second time to go to the Fukuoka temple. It was cool. I got English headphones but sometimes I took them off to listen to the Japanese. And it was really cool to hear in Japanese. Some of it is better than listening in English. But I don't want to make mistakes so I always made sure to have English on me.
Well I hope you are all doing well. I love you all. I hope you are happy. I will go now and write again in a weeks time to tell you of the fantastic adventures here in Hikari, the land of Light. (Hikari means light)
Love Josh
good week.
leg hurts.
miyajima.
mlc
No comments:
Post a Comment