So I'm back again. It has been a good week. Our investigators are progressing so well. I really don't doubt that they will be baptized. I think its just a matter of when. And there are some things we have to do like get to the parents so they can trust us and stuff. That will be the hard part especially for M_____ chan. Her dad may be difficult. If she doesn't get baptized it will be because of the parental permission. In Japan you have to be 20 to make that decision on your own. And she's only 17. So pray for her family that all will go well. Also things look like they could get kind of complicated with her living in the Shimizu area and having us Tsuboi missionaries teach her. We really have to be the ones to teach her so we can't pass her off to the other elders. And the Shimizu ward might be a little difficult when it comes to teaching her sometimes. I can sense tension. This poor girl needs what we have and I don't want anything to get in the way of that. So pray for her. She is way amazing though. I love her so much. I can't believe how amazing she is. She asked if in her next lesson she could hear everyone's testimony because she likes learning from testimonies and she wants her own testimony to be strengthened by them. She is just so awesome.
Y_____ chan is doing very well too. She is very easy to teach and very interested. She tries what we ask her to do and I think she will progress to baptism quite well too. Not much to really report with her.
The shimizu elders have another investigator from Eikaiwa that is progressing really well. We keep hearing rumors that she said she wants to get baptized but we haven't heard it directly from her and we know that right now she has no idea what baptism is. So we don't know where that is coming from. But she is awesome too and I think she will get baptized. All of these friends will probably get baptized together.
So my knees. I appreciate the prayers. I really do. I don't want to go through too much with them. President said that if I need surgery they will not do it in Japan. That is an absolute you're going home thing. So we'll see. The mission only has two cars and they are in the mission office. And I really can't be transferred there because quite honestly my Japanese isn't good enough. I have to be able to call people on the phone and stuff and communicate and understand clearly. I still can't do that. So realistically I think I am stuck out here in Tsuboi. And I may go to the doctor soon. I am still talking to President about it. But don't worry. I will be fine. I will do whatever God's will is.
I had a pretty good thanksgiving. We just worked like normal but then went out to eat at a sushi place that has the sushi on the moving thing next to your table so you choose what you want. It was really good. I have had ok sushi a few times but that was the first time I had really good sushi. I'll take dad there when we come to Japan together. It was good.
And just an update on how much I love this place. I love it so much. I love Tsuboi. I am so happy here. If I could I would finish my mission here. I love it. And I love the people. I get to work with so many wonderful people here. I love it. And there are always people to talk to on the streets when we have time to do that. You don't have to look hard. And the awesome thing is that we don't even have time to do that. We are too busy doing things for our other investigators and our other more effective ways of finding investigators. I love it. I am so happy. This place is amazing. I can't speak Japanese worth beans but that doesn't even matter anymore. I can get a point across and feel the spirit. That's all I care about now. So life is good. Stressful. But good.
Yes I do use my rain coat a lot. all the time. It snowed a tiny bit today. The members say it snows every now and again but never sticks. It mostly rains. And gets cold. Its more of a fall season here right now. All the leaves are falling and changing color right now. And it still isn't that cold. I hope it gets colder. I need something to cool me down after that summer in Ishigaki.
I love you all. Don't worry about me. This last week has been the best of my mission. Have a good day.
Love Elder Liddle
No comments:
Post a Comment