Monday, November 12, 2012

A good news bad news week (Week 46)

So. Thanksgiving. I don't think we really do anything for it unless a member feels sorry for us and does something. Japanese people don't celebrate it.So its just a normal day here. Besides I'm busy celebrating Christmas already. So I'm ok.

So first the bad news. We had a lesson scheduled with K_____ san last Wednesday. And he didn't show up. He doesn't have a phone and we don't know where he lives or where he works or anything. He is way too awesome to just decide he's done with this gospel thing so I think he just had something come up and had no way to tell us. But I haven't seen him since last week. And I'm worried about him. I don't know how to find him. Its up to him to find us right now. So pray for him. He's a wonderful man that I really love and I don't want to see his progression stop.

In other news. We never receive referrals from the ward. Ever. Its sad. We need them. Referrals are way more likely to progress and to trust the missionaries. But last week we the Tsuboi elders and the Shimizu elders whom I live with received referrals from an 18 year old girl in my ward. She gave us two and the shimizu elders 1. All in one week! She is so awesome. And we have plans to teach them this week. They are all teenage girls who have expressed interest in the church after they came to Eikaiwa. And one of them has parents who may also be interested. So that is way awesome. New investigators are coming out of nowhere. I love it.

And this week in Eikaiwa we had 10 new students come. That is amazing! That is like half of a normal class. And they came to both the Wednesday one and the Saturday one. Its so awesome. Things really are moving forward here. Its weird to me because for all of my mission missionary work has been contacting people on the street and housing with an occasional lesson at someones house or the church. That was missionary work. But its changing all of a sudden. We are spending more time planning lessons now and we don't have as much time to go contact people. Its totally awesome. This is how it should be. We are also spending less time doing normal missionary work and doing more for the Eikaiwa students. Japanese people really don't let you teach them unless they know you and trust you. So Eikaiwa is so important to keep up and to keep fun and to really get to know the people there. We are doing a lot of Eikaiwa parties and activities outside of Eikaiwa so we can get to know them and get investigators from it who are interested and who trust us. And its working. this is how you have to dendo in Japan. Its different than I imagined before my mission. And I'm glad I am learning it now rather than at the end of my mission. I've learned a lot. And I am experiencing so many cool things just coming out of nowhere. I love it.

Well I have not much time left. I just want to say to Kate that I support the decision to serve a mission with all my heart because I know it is such a wonderful opportunity but I also want to say you should be really sure before you make the decision. This is no small thing. And its very hard. But so worth it.

And to Erika I want to say that I don't know what food you are talking about that isn't the Daikon one. I've never heard of it. And I am impressed with your ability to use the word yori. I am still struggling using it. it wraps my brain in knots and I have a hard time keeping things straight. So keep up the good work. And keep using the new bunpo all the time. That is how you truly learn Japanese. keep using it. All the time. Even though it hurts and is hard. And you will be the best in the class.

Well I love you all. Have a good week. I know I will.

Love Josh.

No comments:

Post a Comment