Sunday, September 16, 2012

Nani yateiru no? (Week 38)

So. This week has been pretty good. Pretty crazy and long but way fast. I feel like it was way fast but I can't even remember the first part of last week because it was so long ago.

I rode airplanes number 18 and 19 this week. The super tiny propeller plane that goes to Miyako. We had a junkai in Miyako with the Miyako elders and the zone leaders flew in from Naha. So it was a good few days actually being with missionaries. Iino 長老 was my zone leader last transfer so I got a new one this transfer. His name is Elder De la Mare. He is such a wonderful soul. I love that man so much. He is such a great missionary. I got to go housing with him for a while. And a bit of streeting but Miyako is way tiny too so not many people walk the streets. And I learned so much from him. I learned how to truly love dendo with that man. I had such a good time. And he pushed me to speak more Japanese than I feel comfortable doing but I found out that I was able to do a lot more than I thought I was able to. And my housing style greatly improved in those short hours. I learned so much from him. And I loved it. I'm ready to get going on Ishigaki. Tanoshiku Dendo Shimasho!

While I was housing with Elder De la Mare we found a nice woman with three children who listened to us. And she was great. She was listening and she was into it and it was just so good. She took a Book of Mormon and said she would read it and we made a return appointment for the Miyako Elders. And then later that evening when we switched up companions Elder De la Mare came back to the apartment and told us a miraculous tale. He said he found the mother of the nice lady I found with him and she too took a Book of Mormon and made a return appointment. And the mother and daughter have no idea the other found the missionaries. It was way cool. A family on Miyako is going to get baptized. I had a good junkai in Miyako.

So yesterday the police came to our door. I couldn't understand anything he said but Iino 長老 said he was looking for a thief.

O_____ san said I have good teeth just out of nowhere. She really likes them. Other than that there isn't much to report on her. She isn't really progressing anymore. I think she is afraid of something. But I don't know what.

Most of our investigators are just sitting around not doing much. Its really hard. No one is doing anything. And it makes me sad. We did have one investigator say he will get baptized if he receives an answer to his prayer that this church is true. But I am afraid he will give up on praying before he gets an answer. That seems to be the pattern with him and his family. But I hope we can help them. We received some good training from the zone leaders that should help actually.

And we found a new investigator! His name is M_____ san. He is a nice older man. We left him with a Book of Mormon last week and asked him to read some of it and the Restoration pamphlet. And we went back yesterday and immediately he jumped up and got his Book of Mormon and started to ask a few questions and wants to know who Joseph Smith is. He is a great little humble man. I hope we can bring the gospel to him. I'm glad to have a new investigator. We've been looking for a long time.

I think I sent a picture of me in some cool Japanese pajamas one time. I asked Iino 長老 if I could go outside in them and he said I could but that I would be like a kitanai Ojiisan. Which being interpreted means dirty grandpa.

So this whole Japanese all the time thing is really hard. I am struggling. And I have times when my brain explodes and I just don't want to speak or hear another word in this language. It is really hard. And things have been so hard this week. So I'm going to need you to double or triple your prayers for me. Onegai Shimasu.

Though this week has been really good. Probably my favorite week on the mission so far. I just love being here and I have been able to do a lot of cool stuff and I love to go out and dendo and the only real problem for me this week is Japanese. No other challenges really came this week. It was so good. Anyways. I just love this place. I love that I get to have the opportunity to be here.

On Saturday night we got a phone call. From the Yonahas. You always know its bad if they call on a Saturday night. Everything for Sunday basically fell apart. The stake leaders coming couldn't fly in because of the Typhoon. So the talks were going to be given by the missionaries. And Yonaha shimai asked us to teach sunday school for her. And Tagawa kyodai told us that the Typhoon would keep him at work on Taketomi island so we had to teach priesthood meeting. We found all of this out on Saturday. And my brain exploded. Japanese is too hard to do that. But we made it.

And just so you know if I don't email next week in a timely manner or at all it will be because we might bike around Ishigaki. But Elder Iino doesn't want to so we might not do it. We'll see. It would take like 10 hours or something.

It isn't really fall here. People keep telling us when it will start cooling down. They say around November or December. It will never get cold here.

Well. I should probably go now. I hope you are all well. I love you. And I love the mission. I have had such a great week. This week I am a happy man. Peace.

Love Elder 利怒瑠 (RichAngrySapphire)

No comments:

Post a Comment