Transfers was a success! I wasn't transferred. And about Elder Munro. Well he already spent 4 transfers here and that is a long time. Only one time have we heard of anyone going for 5 transfers. But President Gustafson didn't want to change very many people so he is still here! Going for the legendary fifth transfer! And that almost guarantees that I will spend four transfers in the wonderful Ishigaks! This is my third. And Elder Munro will almost definitely be transferred next transfer at the end of august and odds are they won't transfer both of us. Yes!
So I'm like 21 now. I've been telling everyone that I'm excited because I can buy alcohol in the United States now. No more of this under 21 business for me. I'm a free man. I own the world. But in Japan you only have to be 20 for alcohol. So I guess I already owned Japan.
Yesterday after church the branch threw me a surprise birthday party. I walked into the primary room and then everyone started singing and there was a cake and they gave me a card. I'll have to send a picture of the card. Most of it is in Japanese. But I can read just about all of it. They are such wonderful people. And one of them drew me like if I was an anime character. So now we know what I would look like as a simple anime character. And a couple girls wrote I love you on it. Oh boy. Jk. Only one of them is actually in love with me. Well I love this branch. They are such wonderful people. I love them so much. I can't even say. I love them more than I can say.
I did make my cake. Thank you for the package. It was fun. I liked it. Thank you very much. This week was one of our investigators birthdays too. And so we made my cake for her and cut it into her name. Y_____. san. But there was cake shavings left over so I still got almost an entire cake. I'll send pictures. She really liked her cake. I hope you don't mind that I made it for her rather than me.
So about U_____ san. That wonderful man. 70 years of wisdom and kindness in an old genki body. I love him so much. He'll probably start coming to church soon. He couldn't yesterday. And he was very apologetic. So I think next week he might be able to come. He is so funny. He always tells me how I say their name perfect. Even Japanese people can't say their name right. So they always ask me to pray so they can hear me say it. Those funny blessed people.
So O_____ san. We are still meeting with her. Twice this past week with members present. But she isn't progressing right now. She isn't praying about Joseph Smith and stuff. I'm not sure why. I don't know that she understands the need for the spiritual confirmation. But we'll fix that. And someday she will definitely get baptized. I just hope it happens quick. She said she can come to church this coming week. So that will be good. I have another talk. On repentance. We'll see how that goes.
So. You know its hot if the shower every morning doesn't go cold enough. Nuff said.
Last Pday we went around with the branch president and his family. His family is like 8 people. The Yonaha family. With the father Hirokazu, mother Yoko, daughter Yui at age 17, daughter Rin at age 16 (not to be confused with Eikaiwa Rin who is in love with me), daugher Kana at age 14ish, son Hiro at age 10ish, daughter Sara at age 7 almost 8, and the cutest little tiniest 6 year old daughter Kei that I have ever seen. She is too cute. And hilarious. We went to spend time by rivers and at some huge park with a bridge and we ate ice cream and it was way fun. I love that family so much. They are such wonderful people. We think Yui likes me. Another one falls victim to my good looks and wonderful personality. Anyways. It was just a way fun Pday with wonderful people. I love having activites with the branch members. Those are the funnest.
One time this week we were biking home real fast because we had to make it home on time. But Elder Munro got caught by something and fell behind. So I stopped and waited and some guy rode slowly by on his bike. And I said Konban wa like I always do. No attempt to stop him because there wasn't time. But he stopped anyways and was all like hows it going? So I thought well injan I might as well introduce me. And I did and we talked about how he has met missionaries before and we gave him an eikaiwa thing and he said he would go if he had time and seemed like he really was interested. Unfortunately we had no time to get his info because he had to go too. And then we still made it back home on time.
Also I told the branch that Erika's favorite animal is a dolphin. In japanese that is Iruka. So Erika's favorite animal is Iruka. And then I said Erika is an iruka. Which is Erika wa iruka desu. The branch loves how close Erika is to iruka. And Yonaha Rin made a joke which I thought was funny. Erika wa iruka is plain form of Erika is a dolphin. But if you said Erika wa iru ka? it means is Erika here? It was funny. The same pronunciation means two things. That happens a lot here.
Well. I think that is it for this week. Have a good week yourselves. I appreciate the emails even if I don't really reply to them very well. Thank you for them. Have a good day celebrating me. I love you.
リドル長老
No comments:
Post a Comment