So today I don't have much time to write. We are going to hang out with the branch president's family today soon. Those blessed people. For a good last Pday this transfer. Elder Munro will probably transfer. It has never been heard of someone staying in one place for 5 transfers at a time except once. And he's at 4. So I'll probably stay since I'm only on 2. And odds are I will get a Japanese companion. So I will finally learn this language. I'm nervous to see what will happen. We get the call on wednesday and then transferring happens on thursday.
So I can only really tell you of some of the highlights of this week. No time. I saw this high school girl in a store this week and she came over and started to talk to me. And I gave her a flier and told her all about the free eikaiwa we teach. She got really excited about the free part. But didn't end up coming. And then she asked me if I liked coffee. And I said Amari... And then she was like totally trying to get me to take her out on a date somewhere. But I just asked her which watch she liked best and it wasn't the one I liked best. So she failed the test and then I spoke to her in english which scared her off.
I got to thrust in my sickle with my might again this week. For 5 hours. Under the hot Ishigaki sun. And I cut grass. Lots of grass. It looks way nice now but it was way taihen to do it all. But it was for good people so I enjoyed it. The blessed Yonaha family. And I cut myself again. I'm not sure I'm cut out for this thrusting in my sickle thing. Its hard work.
So dad keeps telling me how I'm spoiled to live here. Well yes this place is beautiful and I have a great time but its actually a lot of hard work and I don't get to go to the beach very often. And it is hotter than I've ever experienced in my life. I'm sweating from typing this thing. So maybe to dad its paradise. But to me its a little too hot. Winter would be good. It would be even better if there was snow here. But alas. I cannot have my hearts desire.
So at the park we do rajio taiso at had a big beer festival this weekend on saturday and sunday. That was exciting. I didn't go. But I saw some fireworks. And there were people everywhere. Almost getting hit by cars and stuff. But its Japan. What else is new?
So I learned what the direct translation for magic wand is from Japanese to english. They call it a magic stick. Stick for short. That's what they say in Harry Potter. And I busted up laughing when I learned that. And one of the members couldn't understand why I thought it was so funny. She was surprised at my laughter. But I think she liked it at the same time. It showed personality and I think she really worries about me not having personality because I can't speak Japanese very well. But I'm still a real person. Anyways. Namekuji kurae!
So we had a lesson with O_____ san. We couldn't do two this week but we will this coming week. We watched the restoration movie. And I started crying. Of course. And she felt the spirit too. I could tell. It was good. I think this will be the thing to get her to baptism. She just needs to go through everything one more time with Japanese people there to explain things better than us and wonderful movies to watch. So I'm excited for her.
I emailed on the phone to one of our investigators who I only met one time just to invite her to ping pong and she emailed back and was so excited to hear from us and said she was too busy for ping pong but she would try to go to church. And then she didn't. But I was still way happy to hear from her.
We have this recent convert old lady we visit all the time but these past few weeks we couldn't. And then we did again this last week and she was excited to see us. But her nonmember husband was way more excited to see us. He has been added to the investigators list. That wonderful 73 year old man. He is so nice. And he seems pretty interested in what we have to teach. I'm excited for him. When we visited their granddaughter was there. She's like 4. And it was so cute to listen to her chat away with us in Japanese. She was calling us her older brothers. Which is pretty normal in Japan. But it sounded way cute. And it was just too much cuteness. The Yonaha's also have a cute little girl who loves talking to me. Too many cute little Japanese speakers. Too many.
One more thing. This past week I was talking to the Yonaha's 7 year old daughter and she said something in Japanese and I said I don't understand japanese and then she said really fast I'm sorry I intended to speak english. I made a mistake. And I understood her as fast as she spoke. It was all Japanese just so you know. The only english she knows is how are you and animals and how to sing you're beautiful. You're beautiful. You're beautiful its true. Its fun.
Anyways. I should go. I love you all. Have a nice day. Happy birthday mom. Its your birthday today for me. But you have to wait until tomorrow. peace out.
Love Josh
No comments:
Post a Comment