Monday, November 11, 2013

Very fast week (Week 97)

Good morning yall in Utah. I hope you are all doing well. I am doing pretty well I suppose. Life is crazy. And its still hard. But I'll keep fighting through to the end. Dad said he didn't understand the subject to my last email. It says happy halloween but spelled in Japanese. Happi harouin. Erika should be able to read this stuff by now. Ask her.
 
I have just about everything taken care of for school. There are things that I need to do when I get home and I was wondering when we were going to be gone so I know which day to sign up for. If there is any important information in the stuff in the mail you can just tell me but I don't think there is anything I don't already know. I register for classes today and then it will all be done until I can get home. And as far as where I'm living I haven't really done much thinking about that. Elder Trane may or may not be able to go to UVU this time around so living with him won't be possible. He's from Colorado. They messed up his flight plans so he has to fly to Salt Lake and then to Colorado instead of straight to Colorado from wherever we land in America first. So anyways. I don't know what to do about where I live. I don't really care either.
 
Not very much happened in my week either. H___ was not able to come to church. He is really busy this week with preparing for some interview he will have in Japanese. But this coming weekend we will probably be able to meet him. M_____ chan is not answering her phone or texts. And we went all the way to her house on the mountain far away and only spoke to her sister. I don't know how she's doing. The only investigator we were able to meet was H___ san and she just isn't moving forward very much. We hope to change that. But until then its kind of frustrating.
 
In other news a few weeks ago we knocked on the door of this young family and talked to the father who was very kind and kind of interested so we gave him a Book of Mormon. And he said he was too busy to set a return appointment so we couldn't quite rope him in. And then we visited him again on Saturday but this time met his wife and two small super cute little Japanese children. And she was very nice. We had a nice little talk. And asked if we could come another time to share our message. And she said yes but she wants to listen with her husband. Which no Japanese woman ever says. The biggest problem in Japanese families is that the dad and the rest of the family are not very connected. But this family seems to be doing very well. And we will meet them on Friday morning. These are my first new investigators in a really long time. So I am really excited about that.
 
Is there anything you want from Japan? I took the money out but am having trouble spending it. I got some cool stuff for you but now I don't know what to get except for stuff I just want to take home. So if you want something tell me. Asap. Like right after you read this email.
 
Well I have only two and a half weeks left. I never thought I would get this close to the end. Its kind of scary. I don't know what to do with myself. I will probably just continue working hard. I have done a lot of thinking about missionaries I have known that just kind of shut down at the end of their missions. I've known a few. And I really don't want to be like that. So I will tanoshiku ganbaru. And work until the very last second. Maybe I'll still dendo people in America until I get released.
 
Anyway. I love you all so much. Have a good week.
 
Love Elder Liddle 長老


No comments:

Post a Comment