Monday, October 7, 2013

I love mountain pear people (Week 93)

So the water fight last week was pretty good. There was approximately 260 water balloons and two squirt guns. Elder Eckman and I each had one balloon and a squirt gun. And then over twenty other missionaries had their water balloons and all attacked us. We counted on them turning on each other so we would get a break. But they didn't until the very end. So I was nailed by a few water balloons. They cornered me and just kept throwing them until I was saved by a phone call. And one of their balloons broke my balloon. So mine just got me all wet too. I got wasted. And then after I took the phone Elder Eckman got wasted. It was pretty good.

The rest of the week was pretty good. Really tiring. Really stressful. I feel like my health has not been that great these past few weeks. I am more tired than I think I should be. It has been difficult. And Elder Eckman called Sister Gustafson about it. She thinks I might need to go to the doctor. But we'll see. I'm just tired.

Yesterday we biked up a mountain to visit M_____ chan in the hospital. She will be there for maybe more than a month. And she is a pretty good investigator. So we want to keep visiting her. But the mountain climbing was death. I really did just about die. I am not in very good shape.  And then we came back and I started to feel dehydrated. So I bought food and a huge drink. And we kept working. And then at around 7:00 I started dying and my head hurt really bad and I felt sick. And we went back to the apartment and I just laid there and about died. I couldn't eat or drink because it made me sick. And I died. And then had to go out and work more at the end. But I didn't die. And now I feel more normal. So that was an adventure.

M_____ chan is really cool. I like her. She said she likes the bible more than the Book of Mormon. Which I have never heard. Especially from a Japanese person. Most of them have never read the bible. But she has. And she is really kind and wants to hear more about this. She said we can visit any time in the visiting hours. We might take the bus next time. She really is up on the top of a mountain. She is in the hospital for probably depression reasons. Which can't be easy for her. And she said that no one ever comes to visit her. No friends or family come. She does have friends inside the hospital. But it is hard for her. So pray for her. She's really a cool girl.

We found a new investigator yesterday named S_____ san. Please pray for him and that we will be able to meet him again and that his heart will be open to the Spirit.

Today is transfer call day. I haven't got my call yet but yesterday we called the mission home and asked a few questions so I know about me and some of my zone early. But all that information is subject to change until transfer calls start being made. So as far as I know Elder Eckman and I are not transferring. Which is probably how it will stay. But I'll know for sure in a couple hours. In two days I begin my last transfer. I don't feel ready for my mission to end. I feel like I am still the same person as when I started. I kind of wanted to come back a changed man. But I suppose I still have time to work on that. So 楽しく頑張りましょう!

This past saturday there was a talent show in one of the other wards. And they invited the whole stake. So I went. And it was good. Lots of really good talent out there. And they got word that I can now play the violin like a cello and they got a violin for me to play. So I played it. It was so hard. But I did better than the time in Fukuoka. And it was received well by the members. So I guess it was good. But it wasn't my cello. Oh how I miss my cello.

I hope you are all having a good day. Conference sounds good. I'll get to see it this coming saturday and sunday. I love you.

Love Josh.

No comments:

Post a Comment