So this week was pretty good. We flew to another island called Miyako to go on companion exchanges with the district leader and his companion. We flew there on Tuesday and flew back on Wednesday in a tiny plane that holds like less than 40 people. A propeller plane. It was fun. That brings me up to 7 planes on my mission. Its crazy. I like flying. And in a couple days I fly to Naha on Okinawa island for zone conference. When I was on Miyako I was with Elder Ogita. Not the district leader. And he doesn't speak english very well at all. So we struggled communicating. But it was ok. And scary. He made me speak Japanese to people. It was hard but I do it a lot these days so its not as scary as it once was. Elder Ogita is super funny. He would tell me things like every companion he has had who had a girlfriend got dear johned and then he said because we were companions for a day it will happen to me too. He said its his power to curse missionaries with girlfriends. He is hilarious. I love that man.
We went to the immigration office this week because Elder Munro's visa was only for one year and he just hit a year on his mission so we had to take care of it. And when we walked into the building no one was there and I said this feels like we just walked into the ministry of magic at night. And as we walked through hallways lights were turning on and I expected to look in an office and see a bunch of goblins or something arguing in a language I can't speak. Which pretty much happened. And then when we found the office we were looking for a guy there had a shirt on that said Ministry of Justice. How's that for weird.
We've been teaching this lady and she is Catholic. But she really doesn't like the Catholic church she goes to anymore and she loves that we have the priesthood and stuff and she is totally going to get baptized. We just need to giver her some more time. I can't understand her at all and elder Munro can barely understand her because she just speaks really sloppily. But we get by somehow. She is also probably trying to become a nun. We may have misunderstood that but we're pretty sure that's right. But we are still confident she will get baptized soon. She is just loving our religion.
I conducted sacrament meeting on sunday. And that went horribly wrong. I couldn't understand any of the Japanese I was using so I just said what Elder Munro said to say and I put the names where he said. But he told me wrong. I said sister Izumi was conducting. And that Elder Munro was doing something else that I didn't understand. And it all went crashing down in flames. But then I used my limited japanese to pull it back together and corrected the problems. And it was all good. What a good experience.
Its been really hot and humid here. So humid that I really can't even comprehend it. And so hot. Except when we go outside. Then it starts raining. And that is completely true. It happened today. And it happened a couple days ago twice. It really only rains when we go outside. This place is really small. There are a lot of businesses and stuff and a lot of houses. And its all close together. Its like no tall buildings. Just like two story buildings that just keep going for a while until you finally make it to houses then to nothingness. If that makes sense. we live close to the middle of the city. Which seems small. But that's because everyone is spread out evenly until you just reach wilderness. So its kind of big. But not nearly as big as like cities in Utah. Anyways. That was really confusing.
I do remember the Northridge 3k with you mom. I was just thinking about that the other day. That was fun. The good old days. I miss my cane. Take good care of it for me. And maybe I'll be able to do another 3k with you when I get home.
I hope you all don't get too sick back home. I hope you get better and stuff. Sick isn't too fun. And I do have the ward newsletters mailed to me already. So that's ok if you don't mail them to me. But I would like Laurel's stuff. It would be nice to hear how things are going down in that part of the hood.
Take care of Kujo for me. I miss her. That little blessed puppy. Saiwai de aru koinu. And at least touch my car every once in a while so it too knows that it is loved. I would appreciate that.
I love it here. I am having a great time. Japanese is kicking my trash but I'm ok. Ishigaki is the best place on earth. I love it here. I can't transfer from here. Time is flying so fast here. We are already over half way through this transfer. I better not transfer soon. I need a good six more months here to finish my work. And then I need to spend the last six months of my mission. Anyways. I love you.
Bye bye.
Love リドル長老
P.S. I went in for vegetable juice and I came out with peanut butter cup.
No comments:
Post a Comment