Friday, February 17, 2012

Hernia ga arimasen (Week 8)

So I've had some pretty intense stomach pains that were bad enough that I couldn't really run or walk long distances and stuff like that. For five days straight without any relief. So I went to the doctor. And he was worried it might be a hernia. So I had the opportunity to turn my head and cough. For the first time in my life actually. And then he checked me for cancer that only guys can have. Yeah. That was fun. And he said he couldn't feel a hernia. But he sent me to get a ct scan of my abdomen and pelvis. That was awesome. I went to a place on University Avenue. I got to leave the MTC for like a half hour. It was awesome. And I felt like I was going through the tiny stargate that the weird man who became a kid built in Carter's basement as I was being scanned. Then I talked to the doctor again and he said the scan says I'm normal and that I need to take it easy and don't do anything that hurts and see him next Wednesday. So I might die. If I do I'd like to take this opportunity to say I love you all. Take care of Kujo. But I am feeling better these past couple days. So maybe it will just fix itself. We'll see.

I'm really jealous of your Disneyland trip almost. Except that I get to hang out in buildings full of the Spirit all day long and then go hang out in Japan for almost two years. So I'm not really jealous. I'm excited to go to Disneland again though to see Star Tours.

Thank you for that package. I was getting worried that I wasn't loved. Jodan jodan jodan. Which means joke. The girl at the mailroom got really excited about all the hearts on it. That was funny. I got excited too. I really enjoyed the Star Wars stuff. And Josh! Thank you for your package. That made my day. Even more Star Wars stuff. I'm trying to make the candy last as long as I can. But its already mostly gone. Thank you very much.

And I am out of sweet beautiful toilet paper. I just thought I'd let the world know I'm back to using sand paper.

So on my way to the temple like last week I saw some famous people. The two sisters from that missionary show thing that I had to watch before I came here. It was weird. They like all work here at the MTC.

So here's something interesting. Bogedahl Choro tells me a lot that I am good looking and very manly. He says I have manly eyebrows and a strong chin and that all the ladies are wanting to go after me once we all get home. I've never heard anything more true.

And my teacher Heaton Sensei is getting married on April 26. I think he knew it is Dad's birthday so that's why they chose that day. Don't worry Kate. Gremmert Sensei is still free.

I met some missionaries going to Finland this week. I asked them to tell me how to read their name tags. Now I'm glad I'm not speaking that language. Its messed up. Japanese is way better. But its still hard. Its not like English at all. But I'm understanding it better. I'm excited to get to Japan and talk to real Nihonjin. Next week we have Nihonjin missionaries coming. And finally all the younger Japanese missionaries. We've been alone here as the old ones for a while. And we hear that they will only be here 9 weeks instead of 12 like us. I'm glad we had the opportunity to be here 12 weeks.

So we sang that army of Helaman song at the MTC fireside. That is cool to sing with 2000 missionaries. The spirit is so strong during that song. And we change the line that says we will be the Lord's missionaries to we are now the Lord's missionaries. Just so you know. Its super cool to sing that song.

I heard that they don't play basketball in Japanese churches. I hear they have ping pong tables there. Is that not the coolest thing you have ever heard? I can't wait to see that.

On Tuesday after devotional we all had to stay and watch Elder Bednar's talk from Christmas. The Christmas just before I came here. And it was awesome. Life changing. Only like two talks have ever changed my life. That was one of them. There was so much he said. Too much to write and I'm running out of time. One thing he said is to find out what the character of Christ is. And become that. And a way he suggested is to get a cheap Book of Mormon and read it and mark it only to find the character of Christ. So I got my Book of Mormon and will start that. He also said to do that for every major question you have. And by the time you're his age you will have like 400 copies of the Book of Mormon. It was a crazy cool talk. Too awesome.

How are things at home? I hear Kujo is having a hard time. That makes me sad. Try to keep her happy. Take her on walks. If I'm the reason she's giving up on life then make her forget me. How is everyone else? I hope you are all doing well. I hope you are all happy. I pray for you all the time. I love you. You are the best family ever. I love you so much. I miss you. But I don't want to come home. Being here is way too awesome. And its going to get awesomer when I get to Japan. I'm so excited. Make sure you are happy. I love you.

愛しています
リドル長老

No comments:

Post a Comment